ch42

42. Blessing in Disguise

It's so different with someone carrying. Even if XiaoYu's spells didn't do much damage, the increased experience - the monsters were nearly double of XiaoYu's level - was astounding. Thus, before it was time for the sweet baby to go to sleep, the one level XiaoYu had lost was back.

"Why is the Job Change Quest still greyed out?" Locked quests had grey text. Unfinished had white. Completed quests had bouncing red text.

"Try deleting it? Then wait before accepting it again," Poor_Man suggested.

"The game says I need to pay 100 crystals to delete a locked quest," XiaoYu replied after tapping on the greyed-out box.

"Huh? What do we do then?" I_Am_A_Poor_Man had never encountered something like this before, of course. Almost everyone could pass their second Job Change quests in one go.

"Let's ask at the Job Change Hall." HereticKing wasn't sure if that would work. When he failed his third Job Change quest, it auto-deleted itself.

The trio teleported over to Prole's Job Change Hall. Awaiting XiaoYu was still that expressionless priest.

"Father, I'd like to ask about my Job Change quest. Why can I still not complete it?" XiaoYu asked.

"Hello, little Acolyte. Your quest is currently locked. You'll need to pay 20 crystal coins to unlock it," replied the priest.

"Deleting requires 100. Unlocking needs 20. Is the game trying to commit highway robbery?" I_Am_A_Poor_Man griped.

"Do you have enough on you?" HereticKing didn't bother commenting on the prices and just turned to XiaoYu.

"No," XiaoYu said with a shake. Ever since he dropped all that money from being killed, he never carried more than 1 crystal on him.

"I'll lend you some," HereticKing replied.

"I have it in my Storage. I can just go get it."

"It's rather far from here. The earlier you're done, the better. Isn't it nearly bedtime for you?"

"Yes...Thank you. I'll return it to you tomorrow." XiaoYu had considered it. It was a reasonable suggestion. A trip back and forth would take up quite some time.

XiaoYu handed 20 crystal coins over to the priest. The priest flipped open his bible and as he chanted, a gentle white light descended onto XiaoYu. After the light faded, XiaoYu looked at his Quest tab. The Job Change quest's text had turned back to the ordinary white colour.

"Huh?"

"What is it?" Neither HereticKing nor I_Am_A_Poor_Man could look at XiaoYu's Quest tab.

"The number of mobs has changed. It was 100 each. Now it's 500 each," XiaoYu replied in confusion.

"Why are there so many?" Even with them high-levelled players helping, it'd be a hard quest to complete. It's definitely not something they can finish by tonight.

"Father, is there something wrong with the quest?" XiaoYu remained as polite as ever when he questioned the priest.

"Nope."