ch31

31. Journey West 03

The tiny cat looked like a general who'd won the war. Chest puffed up, it strutted elegantly through the petrified crowd towards its owner. However, just as it passed by I_Am_A_Poor_Man, it was picked up by the back of its neck.

"You greedy cat. How dare you step on your dear old Grandpa Poor. Are you itching for a beating?" I_Am_A_Poor_Man said with a scowl.

"Meow~ Mreeow~" The little cat had just collected lots of money. It's so happy that it didn't care if its paws were dangling high off the ground. Thus, a certain someone's attempt at playing the villain failed miserably.

"Tsk. I really don't know what to do with you." I_Am_A_Poor_Man pouted and threw the small cat into XiaoYu's arms.

"Ah... I'm sorry. The little one couldn't pick anything up the whole day, so it couldn't hold back at all," XiaoYu apologised to the party as he ruffled his hair meekly. He actually knew that no matter how much the tiny cat had picked up over the day, it'd never change its behaviour. Unless its dimensional pocket was stuffed to the brim.

"No, no. It's fine." The crowd hurriedly waved their hands in denial. Why argue with a kitten over something so trivial? =_=

"The drops..." After some consideration, XiaoYu jogged over to HereticKing and opened up the tiny cat's inventory, prepared to dump everything out.

"Leave it. We'll split the loot once the quest is over. I trust you," said HereticKing as he seized the chance to ruffle XiaoYu's hair himself.

"Yes. Since the cat has its own inventory, we won't need to worry about dropping anything if we accidentally die." NonMeta had already dragged CopperPlate into a corner to reflect on his problematic kissing impulse. But CopperPlate never forgot to protect XiaoYu, even amidst his endless struggling. After all, CopperPlate personally witnessed the time XiaoYu was nearly mobbed over equipment drops.

"You jinx!" Chrysanthemum gave CopperPlate a hard bop to the head. "Who was the one who mentioned encountering a region's boss? Then, we really did encounter one. Now, you want to curse us all to die?"

"But we got great loot. I..." CopperPlate murmured miserably. How would he know a throwaway line would become true? Unfortunately, under the death glares of everyone else, he lost the courage to go on and swallowed the latter half of his sentence deep into his gut.

"Alright. Everyone's fine. It's okay. We'll split the loot once we get back safely. I really do believe in CopperPlate's words now. LuckyCat really is a lucky cat. Tsk-tsk. The next time I plan on grinding for anything, I will definitely drag you along," said Below_The_Moon as he returned his bow back to its holder, looking as if he'd just completed a great deed.

"It'll be 6 soon. Shouldn't we be getting off?" A sharp voice piped up from the back. Ice_For_Miles was extremely sensitive to the flow of time. All because of his punctuality in real life.

"Looks like we won't be able to make it to the Egg zone. Why don't we stop here? The respawn time for the queen is 12 hours. This place is very safe now." I_Am_A_Poor_Man looked up the area around where they were. Once everyone came back online, the hurricanes would have stopped long ago. They can then find an exit up and out. It was faster travelling on mounts than going through the tunnels.

"Wait!" As soon as CopperPlate spoke up, everyone's eyes bore right into his body. Their eyes asked, just what does this jinx want to say now? "I just want to know what stats the Ant Queen card has. I'd be too curious to eat dinner otherwise..."