ch78

78. A Bloody Case Started by a Sock

The next day, QiYao and XiaoYu trained separately. QiYao couldn't spend all his time by XiaoYu's side after all, unless he didn't want to level up. Also, with him around, XiaoYu wouldn't have an easy time grinding as well.

It was just a piece of candy yesterday and it was enough for them to get lovestruck for half-a-day. Afterwards, QiYao still wasn't satisfied. He commented how surprisingly delicious the candy would be when shared.

He insisted on looking for another Santa Poring. XiaoYu was blushing so hard by the end of it and stomped his feet. He proactively objected and said he didn't want another candy. He just wanted to head back to Prole to sleep. A rare sight indeed.

Thus, after a honey-sweet morning kiss, XiaoYu swiftly ran away, with the help of a Haste spell, to the Pyramids in search of the Healer Squad. QiYao was left behind on the comfortable bed in the inn, helpless to XiaoYu's escape.

Did he dote on XiaoYu so much that the other started to be a little spoiled? But that's fine. He's the one who spoiled XiaoYu. Anything the other did was okay. It might even add a little spice to their relationship.

The couple might fight their own battles apart during the day but they would always have dinner together. That was a habit they've developed ever since they started dating.

"Do you still want to go grind later?" QiYao asked.

"Mn. I want to sell off the stuff I got earlier first. If I have time afterwards, I'll go train a little more," XiaoYu replied.

"I'll come look for you after my meeting. Be careful."

"Okay."

"Right. These are for you." As QiYao said so, he stuffed a few pieces of candy in XiaoYu's hands.

When XiaoYu saw the candy, he felt his cheeks flushing. Weren't these the culprits that ruined their grind session yesterday?

"You can have some when you're training. It'll be a minor insurance. But..." QiYao leaned in close to XiaoYu's ear. "Leave one for us to share."

Daily teasing of a blushing lover is so very fun. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

****

The two split up. QiYao gathered some of their guild's researchers to sort through the information on the new updates. XiaoYu went around with the tiny cat and cleared their inventories of the day's drops while replenishing their supplies.

Once everything was settled, it was only past eight. XiaoYu decided to train for two more hours and teleported straight to the Pyramids. His proficiency at Teleport was very high now. Not only can he maintain all the portals he needed for the Guild Wars, he could even save one slot for his own personal use.

The first floor of the Pyramids was a maze. However, after the players mapped out the whole dungeon, the maze lost its meaning. All it did now was act as a buffer floor between the mummies upstairs and the Berserk Mummies downstairs. The monsters on this level weren't that strong, bats that die in a few hits and little Porings that only knew to be cute and pick up loot.

XiaoYu buffed himself up and hurried through the maze to the floor above. Along the way, he smacked away the few bats attracted by his presence.