ch76

76. Meetup

Qiong Lin had been busy buzzing around ever since he woke up early that morning. Confirm everything was ready at the venue. Make sure everyone's nametags were sorted properly in their own groups.

Speaking of the nametags, they were actually just a piece of sticky note with the player's game ID and the headshot of their avatars printed on it. Then, the players can just stick their nametags at their chest or at their arm. It would make it so much easier for everyone to get to know each other.

As time ticked closer to the appointed time, Heretic Demons guild members started flocking in from all places. They stuck their nametags on and rushed into the field. The instant they stepped past the doors, they were shocked by the signs on the floor.

They looked identical to the signs they'd use at the Zhang Village to direct players to the different portals at the airport. Instinctively, a lot of them started to follow the arrows to their own subsidiary guilds' spots.

Soon, the majority of the guild members snapped back to their senses. This wasn't a Guild War. Their goal today was the Guild Leader! Thus, they all ran towards the main guild's section to take a look instead. In a blink, the spot designated for the main guild was crowded. Unfortunately, no matter how hard they searched, they couldn't find anyone with the name "HereticKing" on them.

Still, all that looking around led to many players finding familiar names in the crowd. Soon, they charged towards them. Squad leaders for the different Jobs, guild leaders, the grinding party leaders, all of them were quickly surrounded. Everyone was chattering happily away. No one even noticed QiYao when he led XiaoYu into the stadium.

The two of them had arrived way before. They'd merely been resting in a break room. To XiaoYu, the ride over had been as breezy as riding on clouds. However, he learned his lesson from yesterday. He kept his eyes closed the moment he stepped out the door.

It was so much less traumatic because of that. That meant he didn't have to endure the embarrassing process of being carried around by QiYao. Alright, he'll admit it. He did get carried for just a bit, just.

The gathering spots for the main guild and the subsidiary guilds were at different areas of the stadium. The two men quickly split up and XiaoYu successfully merged into the crowd and waddled over to his designated area. There were too many people around though so he didn't spot any familiar names.

Contrary to the peaceful journey XiaoYu had, QiYao was very unlucky. Before he even got close to the main guild's section, someone in the crowd shouted, "It's Chief!", and silence dominated the hundred-or-so-square-metres-large stadium.

Countless eyes started darting around in search of the man, only to end up staring up at the large screen stationed high above their heads. They gasped. The drone hovering in the air had caught QiYao's figure in its camera.

Most VR players would improve their looks in one way or another to make up for whatever they lack in real life. Who would've thought their great Guild Leader did the opposite? The face on the screen was much more handsome than a celebrity. Those who hoped to pounce on their leader deflated with their courage fleeing at that sight.

"Everyone, our mighty boss is here! A round of applause!" shouted Qiong from among the crowd. He climbed up onto the big stage they'd hired, grabbed the microphone and did his best as an MC.