ch21

21. Reuniting With a Friend

"Hey, hey. Come look. Three ranged players are bullying a healer." A pleasant female voice sounded out from one side.

The four were standing in a spot near a major intersection. Just then, a female healer glowing red walked around the corner. The red glow came from the robes she was wearing. It was most likely a high-tier healer's robe. She was looking back over her shoulder, calling out to her party members who'd yet to turn around the corner.

"Aah, my blade flies to help in the face of injustice. I'm coming." It was a strangely familiar and lively man's voice.

When the voice's owner appeared, Bai XiaoYu was shocked. The other was too.

"Lil Lucky~!" CopperPlateKing threw down his spear and went flying towards XiaoYu with his arms wide open.

Unfortunately, he only took one step before he was lifted off the ground by the back of his collar.

"NonMeta, you pervert! Why is your Strength higher than your Agility? You're a failure of an assassin!" CopperPlateKing struggled and flailed, but he had more Vitality than Strength. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get free. Pissed, he swore that he'd only increase his Strength from then on!

"CopperPlate, NonMeta....Blaze?" XiaoYu didn't understand why his eyes started to burn at the sight of his first two friends. However, BlazeTheEarth appearing with them made this whole group a little peculiar. Fortunately, he didn't recognise the female healer. If I_Am_A_Poor_Man was here too, XiaoYu would've started sighing about how small the world was.

"Hm? Lil Lucky, you know Lil Shumai?"

"Ahem. Let's postpone the reunion first. Can't you see your friend is surrounded?" The female healer cleared her throat. She didn't think this little healer she stumbled upon would know all three of them.

"What do you guys want? Those who want to bully my friends would need to get past my spear first!" CopperPlateKing was going to give the floor a hard knock with his spear to show how fierce he was. But he had thrown his spear away in excitement. A look around showed his spear to be missing.

"Little kitty...you again." All the air in CopperPlate puffed out him. He crumpled down to his knees before the tiny cat beaming at him. He weakly poked the little cat on the head with a finger.

"Here." XiaoYu walked over, took out the spear once more and returned it to CopperPlateKing.

NonMeta flashed over to stand behind XiaoYu, blocking XiaoYu from the other three players' line of sight. Now, even if the three lower-levelled players wanted to kill XiaoYu with a surprise shot, they can't.

XiaoYu was rather moved by NonMeta's silent protection. While they'd never talked much, he understood NonMeta. They were quite similar. Once someone became their friend, they'd do their best by the other.

"I-It's a misunderstanding. We weren't trying to bully him." The archer waved his hand in an attempt to clear the party's name. He was so glad that they'd stopped Snow from attacking just now. If any of their names turned grey, nothing they said would stop them from being killed.

"Hmph. Don't try telling me that mage's wand wasn't aiming at Lil Lucky." CopperPlateKing accepted the spear from XiaoYu and moved to stand between him and the three players. BlazeTheEarth was standing at the back of everyone. He didn't say anything but his grip on his wand tightened. He stealthily aimed it at the archer who looked to be the highest-level player of the three.