ch82

82. Knight

Not long after the treasure chest was opened, and under the pressuring aura radiating from QiYao, the crowd finally, unwillingly, filed out of the Lord Mayor's Office. QiYao had also decided to just kick everyone out from the list of allowed players, all except for XiaoYu.

How could rooms set aside for the Lord Mayor of the city not have a bed? This bed was even more lavish than the grand bed found in the most expensive hotel in-game. It would be waste to not use it. With the Lord Mayor's room available, XiaoYu could wave goodbye to staying at hotels forever. Well, almost.

Due to the extraordinary performance of XiaoYu at the midnight meeting, the main guild's treasure chest will be opened by him from then on. However, he didn't have to stay up until midnight every day. He could open the chest during the day. The first time they did it at midnight just to test out the new shiny thing.

Of course, even if no good loot was found, QiYao wouldn't blame XiaoYu. However, from how XiaoYu would give him a Christmas present weeks before the actual holiday, QiYao deduced his XiaoYu might be a bit obsessed with boxes. Why not just give the other a big treasure chest for them to open together?

Team training was scheduled for the day, but because of the new maps, all guilds with a fortress to their name were looking through their team training arrangements and doing some reorganisation. Thus, Egg_Tart announced last night that training for today would be cancelled.

Guild members were free to party up and train together, but anyone who were heading to the underground maps should pay attention to their behaviour and safety while down there. Just to avoid unnecessary confrontations with other guilds.

The levels of the new maps' monsters were way beyond XiaoYu's consideration for now. It just so happened some of his team's members were away on business trips. As such, XiaoYu had nothing to do. And so, he went back to the Pyramids and began training his day away.

"Hey, LuckyCat, are you free?" It was nearly noon when a somewhat unfamiliar voice rang out beside XiaoYu's ears. It took him a few seconds of blankly staring at nothing before he realised it was the new friend he'd made yesterday.

"I am. What do you need?" The Healers' Squad Pyramids training parties were very lax with their members. People who needed to leave just had to mention it to the party leader before they left.

"I've accepted a quest that needs me to grind for quest items in the Undead caves. Want to come with?" the other asked.

"Okay. Which cave?"

"I'm all done at the Zombie Cave. Next is the Jiangshi Cave. Let's meet at the East Gate of Serica."

"...Okay. I'll be there soon." It had been quite some time since XiaoYu had last been to Serica.

Nevertheless, XiaoYu still remembered the way to the Jiangshi Cave. He teleported to Serica, partied up with his Knight friend, and raced for the cave. They then began grinding from the lowest level monsters up.

"What item do you need?" The other man didn't share his quest with XiaoYu, so all the items the tiny lucky cat could gather would just be normal items. It was best to get clear information beforehand.

"All sorts of essences, like the essences of the lower-levelled Jiangshi, the mid-tier Jiangshi and so on. I just need one of each."