ch13

13. Trapped

XiaoYu stored the new staff into his storage and changed into the leather shoes (Level Limit: 10). After getting more potions and food, he once again discovered his wallet was empty to the point where there's not even a scrap left orz. Fortunately, he still had some equipment and items found in the Zombie Cave in his storage that had not been cleared out. So he's not really poor as dirt.

XiaoYu ran straight for the Mission Board. He handed in the Zombie Cave mission and accepted it again. After all, this mission can be done repeatedly. Even though he felt a little disgusted at the sight of the cave, XiaoYu was too lazy to run to other cities and research whether they had an Undead mission.

He left Prole through the Southern Gate and dove into the woods without problems.

"Meow!" The tiny cat suddenly cried out in nervousness.

His heart stopped. It couldn't be a boss, right? Even if it was a mini-boss from a low-level monster, he might not be able to handle it himself. What should he do?

"Rustle~" The sound of feet shuffling through the grass behind him abruptly rang out. In a few moments, the far-off being had closed in on him.

XiaoYu was about to take out a Return Scroll when he felt a sharp pain burst from his right shoulder. His health dropped by half in an instant and he nearly dropped his wand. XiaoYu stumbled forward. A sigh flashed through his mind. Not in dejection because he was unlucky, but in relief that the tiny one was sitting on his left shoulder. If it had been hurt, he'd be very sad.

Still, the wound felt very strange. It'd felt as if some metal weapon had pierced through his flesh instead of a monster's sharp claws. Human-type monsters are usually high level and would never appear here. Could it be a player?

"Player BattleOverlord attacked you. PK mode activated. Your ID's colour will not change if you attack any other player in the opponent's team in the next 10 minutes."

Bai XiaoYu held his wounded shoulder and turned around. It was one of the players he'd met when grinding at the flower sprites. A male swordsman in his first Job glared at him with an average-looking long sword in his hand. Fresh blood dripped from the swordsman's weapon. The other's name was hidden before. However, as the one who initiated PK mode, his ID, BattleOverlord, can be seen floating in grey above his head.

"..." XiaoYu only looked coldly at the other. To those with explosive tempers, anything he said would be seen as trying to snake his way out of things.

"Hmph. I won't let you go today. If you're smart, you'll hand that pet over." BattleOverlord looked exactly like an unhappy, stern pirate now. He and his girlfriend parted in unhappy terms yesterday so he'd gone online all alone today. The more he thought about it, the angrier he got. In the end, he decided to look around and see if he could catch that brat from yesterday and force him to hand that pet over. Then he can use it to make his girlfriend happy with him again.

XiaoYu kept silent. He was too lazy to even bother replenishing his health. The worse that can happen was he'd die and return to Prole.

"Fuck you! Do you think I'd let you wait out the combat timer and escape again? I've got ways to make you stay in that mode and not die. Once you're healed up, I'll strike you again."

While swordsmen do not have healing skills, they can make another remain in combat without dealing damage. They have a unique skill called Provoke. Its intended use was for party play. There's a guaranteed chance to force monsters to aggro on the user for a certain amount of time so they can protect the spellcasters behind them.