EXTRA

Extra 04. Cat and God

In Asgard Online, stood a very unique palace. Its uniqueness was in the strong aura of "new money" it radiated.

That was due to the mountains of gold scattered everywhere, except for the giant throne made of gold and hidden in the depths of the palace. Of course, those mountains of gold also include rare treasures, pearls, jewels, and weapons and crowns fit for royalty. Overall, the place was definitely blinding.

Such tasteless decor. Just who owned this tacky, country bumpkin-esque palace?

The God of the AO

The core system of AO was the most advanced Artificial Intelligence of the time with the best machine learning system in place. From the codes and information keyed in by the programmers, the A.I. decided all by itself to create a character in charge of managing all information in the game and maintaining the game's balance, ergo the God of the game.

God of Asgard Online: Level 999. Male. Unknown age. Unknown powers.

One could describe this man as cold, haughty and exquisite. Not only did he have the appearance of an angel, a single wave of his hand would betray his noble demeanour. Even his clothes and accessories were lavish to the extreme. What was bewildering was why did he let his palace be decorated in such a vile fashion. The answer to that question would be the young man lying across his lap at the moment.

Well, he should be a...young man because there was not a single thread on him at the moment, revealing his flat chest. There also seemed to be something nestled between his slender legs.

However, there was something strange about this young man. Hiding inside his nest of thick hair were two cat ears, occasionally flicking about. There was also a long black tail resting behind him.

The god ran a hand through the young man's fluffy hair, down his pale shoulders, the smooth back and to his slim waist. Any lower and that black tail would go rigid with animosity. And so, the hand stopped before any lines were crossed.

"Your little owner seemed to be busy lately. Are you lonely?" God finally spoke after long minutes of caressing the man in his lap.

"Mrrow..." The young man replied with a strange noise.

"...Speak human."

"I'm so bored."

"What do you want to do?"

"I want to pick up stuff."

"There are so many treasures before you."

"...there'd be no satisfaction from it."

"Then, do you want to eat something?"

"Not hungry." The man shook his head. He knew that no matter what he wanted to eat God could make it appear. But he didn't want or crave anything to eat right now. All he wanted was for his tiny owner to log on and play with him now.

"Is it that boring being with me?"

"No."

"Then why are you pining for your young master?"