Happy and Hoisted

Heya! So here's the next chapter. Kinda like a butt-ton KICK moments so I kind of like this chapter :P KK so um...the dedication goes out to gracegymnast101!! Hope she enjoys it!

-Duece

Chapter 4 

    Kim’s POV:

            I shut the cars blinds and lock the doors. There is no way I could ever forget these necessary precautions when I’m with four guys who don’t knock and one that doesn’t even use the door to get in. Unbelievable, really.

            While unpacking, one of the guys must have dropped my stuff off in here. I walk over to the back, lucky that I’m short so that I can stand tall just fine, and hold my breath as I unzip the bag. Nothing seems changed which means they didn’t look through it. Good, I can’t afford them getting into any of my personal things. Yeah, it would be awkward if they started parading my bras and underwear on poles…again, but it’s definitely not my biggest concern. I have a diary…well four actually. Dating all the way back since I was 10. Even though I only brought the one I haven’t finished yet, there are some things I wouldn’t want to be known. In fact, the last two would be the worst for them to find, seeing as it has one main topic I repeatedly discuss…the confusion of Jack Brewer. Yeah…some unwanted feelings and words could come out of those that I really don’t want shared.

            Since it’s almost 5:00 already (we left at 9:30, six hours later 3:30, half hour unpacking 4:00, and an hour down by the water 5:00), I throw on a lazy outfit. I step into an off-the-shoulder, splatter paint purple, short-sleeved shirt and my mid-thigh denim shorts. I pull my hair into a side ponytail and tame it down with a white, stretchy headband.

            A pull on the locked door (see what I mean when I said they never knock!?!) interrupts my bed making. I pull the door open to see a shy Jack standing awkwardly. He rushes to the point without me having to ask. “Rudy says that if we want to go and check out the beach, now would be best. You know, before it gets dark. And he, uh, said…that if we want to go swimming bring our…stuff.” I see the slight tint of pink take over his face as he mentions my bathing suit. He’s seen me in my bikini before and I’m happy to know I have this power over him. But I’m only happy because he’s not a pervert. In fact, he mainly averts his gaze for about the first 15 minutes then gives up and treats me like just Kim. Even though I’m totally glad he’s no perv, I can’t help but wonder how he would act if he thought of me as more than ‘just Kim’.  Of course, I know he would/has never stared. Except for one time when I saw him fixated on my belly button. You’d think that for a typical 15 year old boy, a belly button isn’t the first thing they’d stare at when a girl is in her bikini. I know this because we were at a pool together and three girls from school were totally ripping up my body with snide comments. It was one of the few times I’ve ever felt that self-conscious. Like always, Jack was there for me and he cheered me up in the weirdest way possible. He told me my belly button was cute and to not worry about the ugly “B’s”. One of the few times I’ve heard him cuss, but he told me I was worth it and that no best friend of his was ever going to be allowed to be self-conscious as long as he was around. He’s sweet yet totally ridiculous at the same time. Hence one of the reasons I practically have an entire series written upon the confusions of Jack.

            I roll my eyes, but laugh at him, “You’re such a boy.” I yell knowingly over my shoulder. He tries to play innocent, but he’s always been an AWFUL liar. His voice goes super high, he drags out his words, shakes his head, and squints his eyes to avoid looking you directly in the eye.