Almost and Attitudes

Heya, lovelies! So sorry it's taken me such a long time to upload! Busy, busy, busy! And I just got a phone so I've been pretty occupied with that. LOL don't worry it won't take up all my time, though! I'm still here for the story! Dedication goes out to thegreatale! Her stories are really good! You guys should go check them out! I lurv them sooooo much! Anyway, I've been wanting to dedicate a chapter to her for a while, and she just messaged me again so I thought it was the perfect time!!! To get a sort of feel on how the...place looks, check out the 1D video. It's one of my first and favorites that I've seen!!!! Lurv Liam 4ever!!! I can't post that up right now but hopefully i won't have to keep you waiting long! Back to the story ;)

Chapter 7

     Jack’s POV:

            I wake up with Kim’s light head resting on my bare chest. This is it. What I’ve wanted. Although, I’ve had moments like these before at our sleepovers, it’s never felt this real. I admitted it, last night in the tent. It may not have been a full out confession to the boys, but it was enough for me to finally realize what I’ve been hiding these past few months. I lay there silently, gazing out the window and twirling Kim’s soft hair between my fingers. Surprisingly, I’m the third person awake. I can already hear the faint voices of Rudy and Milton in the screen room. Normally, I could sleep till 3:00 p.m. but I just couldn’t be unconscious for this.

            Kim repositions and I’m scared she’ll wake and move away. Luckily, she doesn’t. She snuggles closer, with a smile on her face and exhales a deep breath. The warm air spreads across my chest and I shiver in delight. A grin the size of the moon is plastered to my face with no chance of removal and my body’s sending hot and cold flashes, from Kim, that are oddly comfortable. A slight ‘bing’ tells I’ve received a text. I hold my breath, but the beautiful angel hasn’t seemed to notice. I grab my phone, which was in the arm console right above my head, and check it. I’m surprised to see it’s from Jerry who I thought was asleep. A bundle of blankets and a partially down window answer my question. I ignore that fact that he’s totally weird by reading his text.

            Enjoying yourself much?

            I don’t know what you mean. I respond

            Your smile was all goofy, you panicked when she readjusted, and you’re wide awake this early just watching her. Yo, you’ve got it bad, man! Another text pops up before I have time to finish reading the first.

            So, enjoying yourself?

            I decide to be completely honest. I mean if Kim doesn’t know I like here after today…well she will, by me or the guys. Hopefully, by my first.

            …A little too much, I think.

            Our conversation is ended after that. Now if the boy’s don’t have more of a confession than that, they’re over thinking it. I sling my arm over Kim’s shoulder, just as Eddie awakens. I shoot him a panicked look which he responds with a ‘sssshhhhh’ motion before opening and closing the van door. Which isn’t very quiet.

            At the noise, her head slowly pops up. She looks at me quizzically and the smile slowly slips off my face, scared for her reaction. “Did I…or did you—“

            “We.” I correct. She doesn’t look angry or upset, more like emotionless until a small smile makes its way to her lips. She lies down next to me and turns. I prop myself up on my elbow to look at her. “So, how’d you sleep?” She starts tracing intricate patterns on my open stomach with her fingertips. It tickles and I have the slightest urge to grab and kiss it. But I don’t…because I’m stupid and cautious.