Failing and Falling

• Dedicated to My writing partner, Brooke, who helped me write random things to improve this st

Heya, lovlies! I'm sooo sorry it's been so long! Is it just me or is school piling up even higher than normal? UGH. anyway, i went skiing today and finished up this chapter on the car ride there! This chapters got a good amount of KICK moments as well as a perspective done by Milton :) Lurv that scrawny, little bird (anybody catch that reference? Leave in the comments which episode he's mentioned as a bird down below if y'all know. pretty easy one...sorry :)) This was more of a filler chapter...I just really want to get to the next chapter! He-he sorry but I can't tell *locks lips with a fake key and throws it out* PLEASE don't hate on the end. Y'all will probably be mad, but I always liked cliff hangers :P Dedication goes out to my friend, Brooke, who helped me in English 1A. In that class we both improved each other's papers a lot and it helped me point out mistakes in my other writings such as this book! Thnx sooooo mucho, love! :F just for you! Back to the story now...  

Chapter 8

     Milton’s POV:

            I speed off. Normally, I’m not that big on fast obnoxious, smelly vehicles. I prefer to be the classy, intelligent man that I am, but, Oh Christmas nuts, was this heaven! I can practically see the oxygen molecules whizzing past me. I turn sharply to the left, keeping close to the rails. Another turn quickly approaches and I tackle it with as much technique as the first. Kim is counted off. Her full force with the 50 mph these babies can go. I’m more precarious and careful with my turns. Attempting to be more precise, where as Kim is like a bull in a china shop; more power and speed than agility. Nevertheless, she makes progress, gaining on me eagerly. Up ahead, Eddie is trying to maneuver around Jack who is holding his position, but struggling. Although Jack owns on 1st person shooter games, Eddie’s the ultimate at racing. From Mario kart to BMX racing name it and he’s beat it.

            By now I’ve made it around the sleek track twice and I’m officially being challenged. Even though these aren’t bumper cars, Kim keeps attempting to spin me out. I don’t give in that easily. I jut forward having not put out all my speed previously. My head snaps back just long enough for a helmet to bang her head against the headrest and groan. The Mighty Miltonious prevails! I’m still too careful around the turns. I’ll be a too good driver when I’m older. Curse my mother and her over-protective ways! I’ve been brain washed with safety!

            Kim begins gaining on me again. Her kart slowly and idly creeping towards mine. I feel a tap run through my body and I’m slightly pushed forward. As we come to the starting line again, she goes on the outside. Her kart inches forward, but if only I can hold her off till the next turn. Then she’ll be forced behind me. She’s taking the lead. Unlucky for her, I actually pay attention in school and know what one slight bump to her back wheels will do. I switch my target from the turn to her wheel and carefully push. Her back tires fly out from under her and she spins out. Leaving the track open and clear ahead. I pump my fist at her immobile vehicle as she slumps back angry.

*           *           *           *           *

            We speed past four more rounds, me only being spun out twice and both by Eddie. Rudy’s trying to make a move around me (each round we’d switch up the order. Now it’s Eddie, Jack, Kim, Me, and Rudy). None of us have really moved up in rank yet, according to the tally marked score board towards the back of the track. I’m not giving up, though. I fend of Rudy pretty well, almost loosing it when he took a sharp outside on my left. We are literally neck and neck as the tip of mine crosses the finish line first.

            “Nooo!” His muffled cry in anguish states. I jump out and perform a flawless clogging-Irish jig. Really, it’s one of my better ones. Mark steps out of his speaker booth and starts talking.