Secrets and Snuggled

• Dedicated to Alex Christian Jones...for being confusing. Are you leaving or not?

Heya lovelies!! Thanks so much for the reads, comments, and votes! I've just reached 20 votes!! Keep'm coming, babes! Anyway, lol, I'm really happy with the viewers I have u guys are sooooo amaZayn! but, sorry, the dedication has to go out to Alexander Christian Jones (Eddie) because, *sniff*, he's not coming back for season 3 of kickin' it and I practically cried when I found out. So even though he wasn't really my favorite character...he was just like family!! :'( *cry,cry,sob,sob,sniff,sniff* lol sort of dramatic there but anyway...back to the story! 

Chapter 6

    Jack’s POV:

            I tackle Eddie, whose reappeared and kept quiet. He makes a big splash, falling easily. We are doing the ‘log test’. It’s super hard, but totally fun.  The object of the game is to try and be the last person standing. On the slimy, wet logs that outline the swim area, we try to balance…standing. It’s hilarious to watch everyone. Kim is quite bad; however, Jerry has surprised us all. I think it’s from his dancing which takes a lot of balance, right? He almost always wins, but when he whips his head and ‘whoos’, well let’s just say he hasn’t quite mastered the balance on that move.

            The new round begins, “C’mon, Rudy! Are you really going to allow Milton to win?! Ahhh!” Kim screams as she falls into the water. Me, Jerry, Eddie, and Kim are sitting on the inside border while Milton and Rudy are battling it out. To silence Kim’s obnoxious encouragement, us guys silently communicated and spun the log. Spontaneously, plopping her into the water.

            Another splash indicates the winner. My eyes drift from the blonde head bobbing to the skinny boy still standing. “Holy Christmas nuts…I won!” he says in shock. Rudy appears, spitting out water and voicing pointless threats. Milton happily plugs his nose and pencils into the lake.

            “Alright! Jerry, you and me.” I say poking his chest.

            “This is the final round too, guys. It’s getting late and I so want to have a hot dog!” Rudy swims over and takes my seat after I slip into the water. It’s chilly, yet not uncomfortable.

            I place my hands on the slippery log and hoist myself up, straddling it. It sinks a little, but the chains bolted to either end (connecting one log to the next) keep it afloat. Jerry does the same and we then hop up onto our feet. We still have our hands on the log when Kim’s voice rings out…again.

            “C’mon, Jerry! Take him down!”

            “Really, Kim?” I ask looking at her eager face.

            “What? Jerry’s only lost one, and that wasn’t even Eddie’s doing!” She recalls about the Eddie vs. Jerry match where Jerry’s foot slipped in the first 10 seconds.

            “Fair enough.” And then we stand. Slowly, but I’m confident. I don’t think he’ll get me out fast. He’s also cocky. I totally got this! I spread my arms to balance and shift the log. I’m doing pretty decent, so far; he really hasn’t had any chances where I’d fall off. We jostle the log around, but never completely turn it. The opposite side is completely covered in moss. Luckily, it’s not the sickly type of slippery. It actually feels nice, in a slimy sort of way. If you catch my drift.

            We are speeding up now. The turn of the log is becoming shakier and faster. It’s been all the way around 1…2…3 different times. Each of those, we both almost fall before regaining balance. Everyone is cheering for us and Kim seems unable to make her mind on who to root for. I’m lasting longer than expected, even though we’ve only been going for about thirty seconds.