Waking and Whining

Heya lovelies!!! I'm back and boy is May a busy time of year for me!! It's all CRAZY SOUP! Well has anyone been waiting and waiting for the new Kickin' It to come out? It's been like 2 weeks already! Insane! They are depriving me! LOL ok wait! Just realized with my friend that the lowercase "LOL" looks like a knife, a plate, and a knife. lol doesn't it?! knifeplateknife so anyway! dedication goes out to misdirectionx because she is awesome and helping me encourage fans to check out my other books. She's awesome! BACK TO THE STORY!!!! 

Chapter 11

     Kim’s POV:

            Subconsciously, I hear the sliding glass doors open. “Going to work, Kimberly. Your dad and I decided to make this our late work day. We’ll be back…later.” I groggily open my eyes to see the canvas covering our outdoor pillows. I push up to acknowledge my mother tapping away on her phone. She’s typing without giving me the time of day. As usual. My parents are chill, but completely obsessed with their jobs. When I was younger, I used to sleep out here without telling them to try and see if they would get worried and come look for me. That rarely happened. Sometimes they would even leave on week-long business trips without telling me or even a simple note. I eventually learned to accept that their jobs were priority over their two children. Although Jack’s parents practically hate him, my parents just straight-up don’t care about my life. I don’t know which is worse. They’ve missed/forgotten so many birthdays or special events it’s too many to count. My older brother, Nate, and I have already spent four Christmas’ alone. It’s sad, especially when I see the Krupnick family, but the way it is. I can’t change it and…why would I want to? I could become pregnant and my parents wouldn’t even realize till the baby would be running. I really have no limits to tie me down. But I’m not stupid to do something so drastic.

            I flop back down on the swing until I feel it breathe beneath me. Glancing down, I see the ripped body of Jack under my fingertips. This swing is much too small for two teens to lay directly side by side. My guess? He moved me on top of him to become more comfortable. I lay back down, not wanting to disturb him. Immediately, his arm locks over my waist, pressing me further into him. If that’s possible. After the past couple of nights with him, I was a little disappointed of going back to my big bed.

            As comfortable as I am, I decide to wake Jack. Yelling would be funny, but teasing is always the best option. I slip my hand under his blanket and perform the all-famous stroke to his innocent side. Still asleep, he shudders beneath me and arches his back to an alarming height. Forming me to a peak. A smile tugs at his lips and two brown eyes appear before me. Yet it’s a sexy, husky sound he is such a whiner. “Kim. That tickles!” I grin back.

            “Your dad will probably be leaving in ten minutes. You should get back up the ladder to before he notices.” Jack uses a white, flower-and-vine-covered ladder to climb back up to his roof. It’s so much easier than me, since I have to make sure a car is below my drop off spot. He runs his hands through my hair, gripping both sides of my head. Mine hang loosely onto his arm. He pulls me to him and kisses my forehead.

            Now don’t be getting all up-n-arms about this. It’s not what you think. We are NOT together and this is NOT unusual. We do this sort of stuff all the time. The only difference when we were camping is that we were with each other for…what 120 hours? Five days of Jack all day every day? Sleeping in the same bed? Yeah, some hormones are bound to run high then. But that was then and this is now. Nothing has changed and it probably won’t. I’m not saying that I DIDN’T, maybe, slightly, a little bit, kind of, sort of, enjoy what happened during mini-golf…but there’s nothing more to it. What happened happened. I don’t want to risk any change. Yeah, our relationship is weird. Very much touchy and close, but it’s…well, it’s perfect. I think. Maybe it could be different. As they say, things can always get better….but, wait WHA--? What am I thinking? Oh, this just got a whole lot more complicated. But you know what? If he wants more…then he can be the one to start it. I’m not putting myself through this kind of stress. Nope. Stress does not equal a happy me.