Chapter 12: Darkness

• Dedicated to Everyone reading

Chapter 12: Darkness

II Hera II

Duct tape rested on my mouth while a blindfold was tightly wrapped around my eyes and head. I've been being dragged up these never-ending stairs for who knows how long. I couldn't feel my legs, arms, I couldn't feel life. It was like I was falling through a hole that was so deep it could take me down to Hell. That's where I felt like I was anyway. The familiar smell of burning clothes kept me sane, after all. My whole body felt chained, there were imaginary cuffs on my hands, my legs. Someone held me by my neck digging their sharp nails deep into it.

I whimpered, trying to bring my hands to my neck. Nothing happened. I was numb.

"Shut up," a voice hissed. It sounded like a mans. 

My breath became uneven. I just wanted to scream. Not for help, just to let everything out. Maybe today will be the end of me, maybe Yato wont come to save me this time. Maybe i'm just that weak. This place was most likely a non-magic zone held by a strong barrier.

Hands gripped my hair, yanking it hard. I groaned, except it didn't sound like it through the duct tape. 

Laughter echoed, filling my ears, "She's so weak. What a joke, eh?" one of them said mockingly. My body began to feel even more numb as they kicked me.

I felt as if my back was screeching in pain. It was only my mind, though. 

I struggled, shoving on anything I could. I tried throwing punches, it wasn't a good idea with a blindfold on. However, I no longer felt arms around me or nails ramming into my neck.

I sighed in relief as I undid the blind fold, struggling to keep myself on the stairs. Looking around, I realized I was in a tall building. There were still many stairs to climb, and three men were lying on the floor, knocked out. Well, I didn't think I could knock three people out in less than 3 seconds.

I rolled my eyes and got up. How do I...get out of here..? 

I was wearing a worn t-shirt that  had "traitor" written on it in Japanese with the same tights I wore before...They..changed me?! 

My face lit red. No..It was probably.. uh.. forget it. 

I pouted as I walked down the stairs. 

Step. Step. Step. 

I sighed and continued taking steps. These really are never-ending stairs. What for, though?

The sound of lightning shook me back to reality. I ran down the stairs faster, getting tired as every minute passed. Has it been years? Centuries? I don't know. These don't end.

I decided to stop and take a break, since I was too out of breath to do anything, anyway.

This place is odd. It doesn't even feel real, like, it's an illusion. I ran my nails across the dark, solid walls. They weren't hard as I thought they'd be. I noticed how the stairs were coated with sand as if they were built with it, and how there was a dreamcatcher design on the jet black roof.

I noticed how my hands were covered with lacey long gloves and how my hair was shorter than it was before. I took the gloves off and examined my hands.

There were words written on them in big, cursive letters. 

Dead

I tried to rub the words off, I scrubbed, I scratched. Nothing was working. Is this..Is this.. permanent?

My eyes started to well up with tears.

"No, no.. Why..?" I stared at the permanent marks on my hands with despair. All the hope I had flew away like a balloon.