Chapter 5: Memories

Chapter 5: Memories

II Ceres II

My memories were returning.
A bit too quickly.

I already remember some of the little details that happened before I died. Mostly that Yato and I were very close. Well, he knows I'm Hera now... I thought that would bring back the old times we had. It didn't. That idiot only got more distant and I don't know why..I don't even want to know, yet, i'm so curious.

Why does he have to hurt me, though? I told him with all my confidence, and we become even more distant than we were before? It just doesn't make sense, and I'm too afraid to ask. Maybe he's still mad about Ruri... or maybe he's mad I moved away and never came back. It ended just like that, but, maybe I shouldn't assume things...

I sighed and jumped up from the ground. I was on a sidewalk in a strange town. It was kinda old-classed and not many people were here. How did I get here? Oh, right, Yato is buying something from that weird shop again. Last time, he came back with a can of soda and something else. I don't know what it is, since, he shoves it inside of his pocket every time.

Finally, he got out. Like always, he shoved something inside of his pocket. But, I saw it before he did. It looked like a small paper.

He walked up to me and smiled, "Let's go! We have a mission."

I rolled my eyes, "What mission? Cleaning someones bathroom?" 

His face lit up and he shrugged.

I flicked his forehead, "Idiot, we can't keep doing these 'missions.' All you get is five yen from it. We need to do some real missions, like fighting phantoms?"

He pouted, "I never get offers..."

"That's because you don't even have a shrine!" 

"I'll get one! I'm already saving up, see?" he showed me a bottle of yen.

Glaring, I said, "You're an idiot..." and started walking.

I smiled. We're acting normal again..

Suddenly, a sword flew at me. Luckily, I dodged it, quite proud of myself. No--wait, why would someone throw a sword at me?

"E-Eh?" I looked around and saw a blonde woman with a black hat on top of a lion. She was on a building. T-That's not.. normal.

"You're still alive?!" she yelled.

My eyes widened, "U-Uhh..who..?"

She glared at me and jumped off of the building. Her lion circled around me. I was afraid, But, I'm not just gonna sit here and watch..

Yato caught up to me out of breath, "Why did you walk aw-" he stared at the woman on the lion, "B-Bishamon?!"

She glared at Yato, "You...You're with her?"

 "She's my Regalia, of course I am!"

Her eyes widened, "She's .. your Regalia?"

"Yeah, so what? What do you have against her?"

The look on Bishamon's face changed from shocked, to furious.

I backed away as she got closer on her lion.

I regretted that as soon as I got to a dead end. We were in an alleyway that was dark and not many people were there. I looked around and locked my eyes on Yato. I was trying to tell him to change me into Kairo's, but I guess I have to do that myself since he doesn't seem to understand. That idiot.