Chapter 15: Cloudy

Chapter 15: Cloudy

II Yato II

The mist was thick, so much so that when I looked down I couldn't see the leech crawling up my left boot. After yanking it off, I continued through, ignoring the sinister sounds of the forest.

As I walked by Hiyori's side, my mind was overflowing with questions. I would have never thought Hera could've been in a trance. But, why?

I gulped, turning to Hiyori. "Do you think that Ruri might be behind this?"

She shrugged, "I'm not exactly sure. We'll just have to find out."

We proceeded walking, accidentally stepping on small ants along the way. It was a long journey. Nonetheless, we reached our destination, according to Hiyori. Sand was surrounding us all over, along with rocks and troublesome flies. Ahead of us was a long castle that looked centuries old.

I scanned the area, "Are you sure we're at the right place?" 

"This has to be it, let's go in."

Before we took a step, pixels began neighboring the castle. It soon disappeared, leaving nothing but dust. A loud snap filled my ears as the ground began to shake. Hiyori shut her eyes tight, grabbing onto my arm. I couldn't utter a word in shock. What's happening?

We were no longer at the desert. Instead, a grassy field encircled us. The grass wasn't green, though- it was all dead. There were small animals suffering on the ground, laying crimson red next to bloody metal.

"W-Why did we teleport?" I asked her wearily.

Hiyori was looking around curiously before she tapped my shoulder, "Y-Yato."

"Huh?" I spun around before I saw what she was pointing at.

A tornado. Too close to us.

"Run."

I sped through the field without looking back, making sure Hiyori was by my side. Before I knew it, I tripped.

"Yato!" she reached out to grab my hand.

I looked behind me, seeing a bunny being crushed with my feet. A wave of guilt washed over me as I stumbled, grabbing Hiyori's hand while getting up.

The tornado was still in sight, staying perfectly still.

"Wait a minute.." my eyes widened as I looked next to it, seeing someone on the ground. Someone who looked too familiar that I wish didn't.

Hera.

I started to sprint to it, ignoring Hiyori's calls.

We're always too far. Always.

Hera's eyes were closed and she looked as if she was asleep... or unconscious. I jumped over the injured animals, being sure to dodge any obstacle. I felt air starting to suck me in to the direction of the tornado. Hera was slowly being pushed to it, not being aware she's next to one.

I finally reached her. There was something holding me back from touching her. She seemed so broken.

I grabbed both of her hands as she layed shaking on the ground, and put one on my shoulder. "Hera..."

Hiyori was looking at me with her eyes opened wide. Wait... She's not looking at me. She's looking at something behind me. I decided not to turn around and limped my way closer to her. She was still very far and the tornadoes strong winds wasn't helping either. Before I knew it, a powerful rush of wind pulled us back further and further before my clothes started to rip. Hiyori started to run to me with a dreadful expression. I took a deep breath and tried to run from the long tornado, but, nothing seemed to work. I forcefully kept my eyes open as I grabbed Hera's waist and tried push her away with all my willpower. It worked. She landed a few feet away from me. However, I was done for.