Chapter 19: I love you

II Yato II

I sat by the small staircase in Hiyori's house, rubbing my chin in thought. Hiyori stood by me, gazing my way. "Hiyori?" I called.

She jumped, "H-Huh?"

I stood up and tilted my head slightly. "Did you need something?"

"No, nothing! Nothing at all."

There was a short moment of silence between us, until I broke it once more. "Why are you looking at me as if I'm insane?"

She grabbed my cheeks and pulled on them really hard, "You are insane!"

I tried to pull her hands away, pouting. "Hiyo-ee!" I managed, unable to pronounce her name correctly.

She stretched them farther, "You actually kissed Hera?!"

I felt my face begin to heat up, "Dash none ub your bishness."

"It is my business. You kissed her!"

"Sho?" my eyes began to water because of how hard she was pulling.

"Don't ruin an innocent soul," she let go and turned around, crossing her arms.

"But... I love her,"  I admitted.

"Yato!" she began to blush, "You don't just say that."

"What's wrong with me saying that?" I imitated her, crossing my arms.

"It's not like you." she spun back around. "You're too goofy."

I rolled my eyes, "Where is Hera, anyway?"

She shrugged and went back to the kitchen to bake cupcakes. For some reason Hiyori is a sucker for sweets. I never really liked them. Spicy foods have always made my mouth water, ever since I ate my favorite potato chips. But to my dismay, they're not sold anymore.

I didn't realize I was drooling until I felt a drop of spit land on my hand. I rubbed it furiously as Hiyori peaked through the door and raised a brow, "Are you okay, Yato?"

"I'm great."

She stared at me for a couple of seconds before going back.

I looked back at my hand and saw the door shoot open with the corner of my eye. "You're up to something!" Hiyori exclaimed.

"Ehh?! What makes you think that?" 

"I don't know! But, why do you keep looking at your hand? Are you planning to do something to Hera? Yato, she's innocent!"

"Hiyori!" my cheeks flushed, "I'm not up to anything!"

She peered through me, and left a few seconds after.

Jeez, what's with her? I tell her I confessed to Hera and she starts asking all sorts of questions. One of them being if I kissed her, which I had to answer. 

The sound of a doorbell rang in my ears, echoing through the door. I walked over to the wooden door, peeking through the peephole, just to see a familiar black, almost violet-haired girl. I quickly unlocked it and twisted the door knob, opening it fast enough for it to bang against the wall. "Hera!" 

She turned away the instant she landed eyes on me, looking at nothing but the ground. "H-Hello."

I pouted, crouching down to see her face. "What's wrong?"

Her face flushed, as if embarrassed, "Don't look at me!"

Hiyori quickly burst out of the kitchen and stood by me, gaping at Hera. A smile played on her face as she walked over and grabbed her hands, "You're so... cute," she exclaimed.