Chapter 14: Impatience

Yato's P.O.V

I sat impatiently on the bed, biting my nails. It's been an hour since I asked Kofuku to come over. I'm about to snap at Hiyori. She's stopping me from saving Hera. Why can't she just let me do what I want?

"Yato," she sighed. "Just a little longer. Kofuku-san said she's coming soon. Daikoku was causing some problems."

"Let me save her," I muttered. Here I was, wasting time. Who knows what Hera could be doing right now? I'm afraid of imagining what situation she's in.

"Just stay patient. I want to save her too, but, it's just not possible yet with your injuries."

I sighed, "Do-"

A loud knock on the door interrupted me as Hiyori jumped. "O-Oh, they're here!" she quickly opened the door and smiled.

"Kofuku! D-Daikoku!" her smile twitched as Daikoku messed up her hair.

"Hiyori-chan!" she hugged her with glee, making Hiyori to spin.

After Kofuku was done squeezing her half to death, she turned to me and pouted. "Yato, you look terrible."

I stayed silent.

"Hiyori-chan told me to help you with healing magic."

Hiyori shot me a vicious glare.

I quickly shot up and forced a smile, "Y-Yup."

Kofuku grabbed my hand and signaled Daikoku to assist her.

I decided to just go with what they were doing. The faster I can get to Hera, the better.

Kofuku and Daikoku settled on taking me outside and giving me a magical barrier in order for me to travel. There wasn't much I could do in this situation, so I just nodded.

I felt lifeless, as if all the air in my body was being sucked out. It was like I was in a closed space and couldn't get out. Nothing seemed real. This always happens when high-level magic is performed on Gods- especially Gods who have killed countless people. The thought instantly made me cringe as I looked around, seeing nothing but gray mist.

I snapped back to reality, realizing that Kofuku had been calling my name with a worried expression. "Yato! You really didn't handle that very well." I was still floating up in the sky.

Daikoku glowered at me, disappoint written on his face. He probably realized that I was once a monster who killed without mercy.

He whispered something to her, causing Kofuku to look down in sadness.

"We shouldn't have helped you," he muttered with a hoarse voice.

His raspy voice brought shivers to my spine as I grabbed my extra blade and landed on the hard ground.

"I never wanted your help," I mumbled and began to walk.

Hiyori instantly appeared in front of me and scowled at me. "Yato, you idiot! You don't even know where you're going- S-Stop doing everything by yourself."

I looked away. "I don't need to know."

"You're just speaking utter nonsense now. I know where she is, so you're following me, whether you like it or not."

I exaggeratedly sighed, knowing that I had no power in this situation.

She smirked proudly, and reached for my hand, just to be shot back with a bubbly sound.

"I can't even touch you?!"

I mischievously laughed, "Indeed, Hiyori. You can't do anything to harm me."

She clenched her fists, her anger showing clear as daylight.

"Are you mocking me?!" she cried.

"N-Nope, not at all," I laughed nervously and continued walking.

She was at her limit and charged at me, not knowing that she'll just bounce back like a ping pong ball.

She gave up, pouting, and began to walk.

I decided to not continue teasing her because I was certain I'd get killed after this barrier wears out and disappears.

Hiyori paused, her eyes widening.

"I just sensed something,"

The way her body froze like ice made me anxious. I felt that time had frozen and nothing was no longer moving or making a sound except the loud thumps of my heart.

I tilted my head hesitatingly, "Huh?"

"T-This can't be true."

"What are you talking about?"

"I...I think Hera is in an illusionary trance."

Kinda short. Bear with me. :<

Vote if you enjoyed and comment if you have any questions!

thank you to all my readers, it means a lot. bai.