6. Self Doubts!

Anokhi's POV

He pulled me inside his room and asked, "Idhar toh aao... ye mera room hai... kaisa hai?"

"Bahut well maintained!" I patted his back and then he held my hand again "Anokhi, am I soo bad? kya... kya mai pyaar ke layak nahi hu? mai bahut gusaa karta hu kya? mai kisi ki care nahi karta kya? Batao na!?" He bombarded questions on me. 

And I know from where it all came.. self-doubt!! Breakup side effects! I pity Shagun mam for losing a gem.

"Aap jaise ho bahut acche ho PS..." 

"Heere ki parakh na sabko nahi hoti... or aap vahi heera ho... you're a gem PS!" I further explained him.

"Jab main Itna accha hu toh sab log humesha mujhe akela kyu chod dete hai?" He again asked.

"You know what, sometimes god breaks your heart to protect your soul... and it is the same in your case!" 

"But Shagun...."

"Shagun mam was not the one for you... you're made for someone better than her... someone whom you deserve... someone who'll care about you and your feelings... and most importantly someone who will LOVE YOU WITH ALL THEIR HEART! and trust me PS you'll find that someone very soon!"

"Don't I deserve to be loved??"

"Your question is useless!"

"Just like me!?" He retorted and I said "Noooo! I don't mean that. Trust me PS, you're the best! yeah, you have some flaws... everyone has them but you know what... YOU ARE PERFECTLY IMPERFECT PS!!!" I was standing in front of him as he was now sitting on his bed. I held his face and looked into his eyes with confidence.

"Thankyou Anokhi!"

"Par aaj ke bad fir drink mat karna!" I asked him.
But he faintly smiled and replied "Shagun ko bhulane ka koi aur tareeka hai kya tumhare paas...?

With this, he again began crying and hugged me tightly. I held him close and stroked him. I sat near him, while he was still crying in my lap. I somehow pulled him to the pillow and caressed him, as his cries soon died and he was off to sleep. 

However, he was holding on to my hand and I didn't even try to be free from his grip. I wanted him to be at peace after this roller coaster ride of emotions. I too drifted off to sleep while our hands were entwined!

Shaurya's POV

I finally woke up from a very deep slumber, it seems as if I had slept like this after so many years, so peacefully and comfortably. 

I was snuggling and snuggling and breathing that lavender smell. It never came from my bed... but today it's like magic. But wait from where it came traveling? Anokhi?

I looked here and there..but to no avail. It is just me and my bed. Anokhi wasn't here. At least I should have said thanks to her for handling me. I briefly remember last night and I'm thankful to her. And I have to apologize too... she had to sleep here... with me!! Oh Goddd!! Ye kya hogya!!

I cried like a kid in front of her and she was... so caring. I don't have the courage to face her...she must be thinking so low of me. My post-breakup behaviour is so yuck! And she has to handle it all. 

Hence let's text her only.

"Hey, Anokhi! Look I'm so so so thankful to you for handling me last night. And I'm extremely sorry that you had to sleep with me last night. 

It must be so uncomfortable for you. But thank you for not misjudging me and showing so much concern and care. I truly adore you as a person. Thank you for everything and I'm sorry for my behavior.