28. I Love You!

Hauz Khas Lake, undoubtedly, is one of my favorite hangout spots in Delhi, and now it's my favouritest. I felt so good and content when I walked along the lakeside in the evening with a splendid view of sunset in the background with my beloved who made my new year more enchanting and memorable. The panoramic view of the lake and the cool refreshing breeze make me happy but today I felt different ~ alive and wanting to live long. Live long with my companion.

I first thought of surprising her with a special proposal and planning a lot of things but then I realized that it's a big thing. A promise of lifetime and togetherness and therefore could not be childish. It needs to be subtle and convincing. That's why today I invited her for a day out so that she could see beyond The Shaurya Sabherwal. Beyond Professor, a friend, a heartbroken man. Beyond this all. I wanted her to meet the simple me. And I was about to say my heart out to her in the car when I heard a crash sound and at last, everything went black.

----------------

Anokhi's POV

My eyes twitched a bit as I opened them while trying to adjust them to the light. I somehow opened my eyes and my head was spinning, because I was sleeping soundly till now. As I was trying to come to conclusion about what happened, the doctor smiled and Ahir and Reema waved at me.

"Anokhi..!" Doctor said.

"Umm..yeah! Kya hua? Mai yaha?" I asked all shocked.

"Accident hogya tha tumhara! But ab sab thik hai. Kuch scratches hi aaye hain tumhe. Painkillers likh di hain, take rest." The doctor explained and both Reema and Ahir nodded at me. Everything came into my mind like a flash and I remembered that while driving Shaurya and I crashed into a tree.

"Shaurya? Vo kaha hai? Where's he?" I asked as I panicked.

"Ha vo bhi yahi hai... but use thodi jaada chot aai hai. Actually uska air bag open nhi hua, tumhara hogya or tum safe ho. Usko Kafi bruises and head injury aai hai! Vaise he's fine. We are taking care." The doctor disclosed the biggest horror of my life in front of me. But still, I remained silent.

"Kya hum usse mil sakte hain?" I asked.

"Abhi nahi..he's not alright completely. He has to take a lot of rest!" Ahir said in between. And I looked at Reema for assurance, she nodded in affirmative. And unknowingly a tear escaped my eyes.

After a time being of two days, I was allowed to meet him. I was now normal and fine. "He had undergone some stitches and minor treatment. He's fine now" Ahir told me as I was going to his room.

I walked in and saw him lying on the bed Out cold. The sight made my eyes heavy with tears, as I have never witnessed an accident and someone immediately after medical treatment. That too Shaurya! I wiped my tears and sat next to him. Seeing him like this made me realize how much I would miss him if he ever left me. He has been part of my life for 4 damn long years now, he was the first step towards my dream, again ShaKhi thing, you know He wasn't there but he was. And 2021 was all about him. I can't imagine how it would be without him.

To my happiness, he opened his eyes and whined in pain. I immediately took his hand in mine and caressed his head with my other hand.
 "Sshh Shaurya I'm here."

"I am.." he didn't complete and began to sob uncontrollably. I tried to hush him but he continued to cry and uttered "I..am..am..so.. sorry Anokhi!" He took heavy breaths as if someone is choking him. I was scared to see him like that. Why is he saying sorry to me?

I wiped his tears and tried to pacify him. At last, he was breathing properly but still, tears were there on his cheeks. Red plump cheeks. "You manage to look handsome in every situation! Hahaha!" I tried to joke and he frowned. He must be thinking that I have gone crazy.

"Tum... suno!! I'm really sorry Anokhi! Maine tumhara din kharab kardia. Maine sab kharab kar dia..tu..tum thik to hona! I'm really sorry!" He cried and cried.

"Mai dost hu tumhari, tumne kuch ni kiya hai... I understand. Meri life ka second best day tha ye." I told him and he nodded while weeping. I again wiped his tears and he finally stopped crying. I offered him water.

"Ab tum aaram karo. Please!" I kissed his forehead and left as I couldn't take it anymore.

I was asked to be in hospital for 3 more days. And all the time Anokhi was there, by my side. Reema and Ahir never left us too. No matter what bond I share with Ahir... in the end I always find him standing by me. Rudra video called me as he couldn't come personally. You know Rudy was elated to know that I and Anokhi had an accident TOGETHER!
Seriously!!!

----------------------

Today is my last day here and when in the morning I woke up, my room was so bright, the light from the windows reflected the white walls, making me want to keep my eyes closed again. Due to the medicines, every morning I feel like I had slept for months, but thank God it's nothing like that. The muscles in my neck were still sore and stiff. I noticed Anokhi sitting on the chair by the window, she was staring outside.

I tried to stand but my head pained a bit and I groaned. Anokhi's head swiveled in my direction when she heard me. "Uth Gaye tum!" She rushed towards me, sitting on a high chair beside me. "Ab kaisa lag raha hai tumhe?"

"I... I am fine." I said. She gave me water and looked at me endearingly. I gulped down the water and at that very moment, I was reminded of something.

"Hey! Mujhe tumse kuch kehna hai!" I said.

"Abhi nahi... pehle change karo... aaj ghar jaana hai na!"

"Nahi... mai or intzar ni kar sakta! Anokhi listen.." I held her hands and entwined in mine.

"Thank you! Thank you for everything till now. Maine nahi socha tha us din vo sab ho jaega or aaj hum yaha aise..! You know what I mean right." And she nodded in a yes.

"So yaad hai mai gaadi me tumse kuch keh raha tha... tumhe shuruaat se batata hu..maine socha tha ke kuch special karunga tumhare liye... but kuch samajh hi nahi aaya..fir maine socha ke tumhe milata hu asli Shaurya se, jo ghumta hai, kya khata hai kya peeta hai..or khush rehta hai.. tumhare sath!"

"Mai Keh Raha hu ki... I love you Anokhi! I really love you! Ab meri zindagi jitni bhi hai jaisi bhi hai tumhare liye hai!" I smiled at her as I finally said it.

'Iss mukkamal jahan me kahaniyaan to kayi hoti hain
Par jo sabse haseen hoti hai vo tumse shuru hoti hain!'
I said in mind.

-----------------

Imagine the last two lines in Shaurya's sexy voice! 
Okay now stop imagining.... cuz tumhe vo kabhi sunne nahi milne vali!!

So, If you liked this chapter don't forget to vote and comment with your feedback. Until next time,

Signing off~

Pihu... <3