21. Getting Closer!

Shaurya's POV

At night, I went to Anokhi's room and she was surfing her Instagram.
"Aisa kya ho gaya jo itna has rahi ho?" I asked as she showed me a comment below her post that said "Mam you're my inspiration... Teachers like you need to be shaved!"  
And I laughed at the comment.

"Stop laughing! Will you?" She whined.

"Okay okay, but why does this student of yours want to shave you??" I was laughing like a maniac.

"Arrey, he wanted to say that teachers like you need to SAVED....hahhahaha but autocorrect ke chakkar me vo saved ka shaved ho Gaya!!" And she was also laughing while explaining to me.

"Vaise ek baat kahu...!" I asked going near her as she stopped laughing.

"Kya?"

"Head Shave karke buri nahi lagogi tum!" And I burst into another chain of laughter while she began running behind me to hit me for that.

"Aao na... tumhara head shave Karti hu... aao Shaurya!" She said while chasing me.

"Pehle pakdo toh mujhe!" I said while smirking and we both were in chaos when Kanchan entered with a popcorn bucket in her hand.

But we didn't stop chasing each other and eventually, Kanchan wasn't able to balance and the bucket fell from her hands.
DOOMED!!!

----------------

Anokhi's POV

"Shaurya kaha bhaag rahe ho! Uthao isko!" I yelled as he left the room without helping us in clearing the mess.

"Tum dono kar kya rahe the?" Kanchan mam asked me as we both cleaned it.

"Kuch nahi mam, Shaurya mujhe pareshan kar raha tha!" I laughed.

"Come on Anokhi... call me Kanchan bhabhi! Mam sounds too formal."

"Ok bhabhi!" I smiled.

"Ek bat bolu... you have changed him!"
 She stunned me as she uttered. We both were sitting on the floor by then.

"You know he's more happy and jovial... Matlab Aastha taiji bata rahi thi... ke Shaurya Bhaiya kitna pareshan the... but jabse humne Tumhe unke Sath Dekha hai... he's smiling... he is living. Vo sab bhool Gaye hai... Shagun and everything related to her! So thank you Anokhi!" She held my hand.

"Isme thanks ki bat nahi hai..maine kuch nahi kiya..!" I replied.

"Nhi... shayad tum nhi janti... but you have helped him a lot. Just don't leave him alone!" She said with hope in her eyes.

"Never!" I assured her.
But I realized what I'm committing to her. I mean...who am I to Shaurya? A friend! But how can I just be by his side all the time... iske bad pata ni kab mile...!
But...I don't know...! Let's see!

-----------------------

Later, I went to Shaurya's room.

"Bina safayi kiye kitne aaram see janab bed par pade hue hai!!" I taunted him.

"Yeh kaam se bachne ki ninja technique hai anokhi, seekh lo tum bhi.... humari shadi ke baad kam aayega!"

"humariii shadi?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Ohh I mean tumhari shadi... yeah I meant that only!!" he replied scratching the back of his neck. I Smiled at him

"Hahaha! Yeah!" I wasn't able to gather all the things together.
Him being happy around me, The goofy us! the thing that happened on the terrace ~ I didn't object to that, then you know me staying at his house, and then our Banters... Oh my gosh! What's happening!
My heart is up to the brink, with this stuff called 'Shaurya'!!!

"Bhula ke sab tune yaad dilaya,
Bhul Gaya tha Jeena sikhaya!"
 He smiled at me while saying this, breaking my line of thoughts. And I was late to realize what he meant.

I was awestruck at what he said. But I was happy that he has moved on, at least ninety percent. He's no more depressed, angry, and insomniac. He has come a long way, himself. Hence I happily replied
"It's not me Shaurya! It's you who has allowed himself to live with zeal."

"You know Anokhi! Take the credits! Please!" He said with a twinkle in his eyes that I used to miss a lot in each interaction we had in the last two months.

"And you know what... Mai tumhe batata hu ek chiz...! If you remember some years ago I was dating Shagun!?" He asked me as he adjusted himself and was in a squatting position. I sat beside him while replying "Yeah! But tumhara tumhari engagement kyu tuti?"

"You know anokhi... don't judge me on this, I didn't liked career-oriented ladies. I don't know why I always wanted my life partner to make me her first priority. I wanted her to keep me above everything else... her family, her job, everything!!! At that time I had a lot of insecurities! and that was the reason I asked her to choose between me and her career and she chose her career above me!"

"Hmm! I see!" I tried to calm him down while I was myself shocked to know all this.

"but then 1 year later Shagun came back to me, leaving everything just for me. She always kept me above anything. She was so loving, caring and but at last, things turned out to be sour!! And now these articles about us!! Maine tumhe bhi fasa dia apne sath." He told me as his eyes moistened.

"I never had a stable relationship going on! I don't know why!? Am I not worthy? Aisa kyu hota hai mere sath?" He asked me again these stupid questions and I just felt pain in my heart to see him like that. As I always say ours is an equation that has grown with time gradually. But now maybe it has developed completely because..you know...I'm able to feel his pain and torment.
 And that's what is needed to run a relationship.
Wait what? Relationship?
Am I out of my mind?
Yeah! Definitely! It's friendship!
Mere Friendship!!

"You are! Of course, you are! Don't ever doubt yourself! Or rahi meri baat, I'm your friend and friends are for this only. I'm lucky to prove myself a good friend. " I side hugged him and he melted in my embrace.

"But I'm a changed man now... and the credits for this change also goes to you. You are like a blessing to me. My life was colorless and then some miracle named 'Anokhi Bhalla' happened and everything became soo beautiful." he smiled at me

I cradled him till he went to sleep and around 11 I sneaked out of his room to mine. 

I messaged ACP Ahir to know if everything is in control or not!? He replied, "I asked those news reporters to stop all this and I have a plan ready in my mind to justify the pictures. I'll tell you as you will come back! Good night Anokhi! Don't worry take care!".

"You are the best! Good night!" I messaged back.

"And who's the bestest? Lmao!" Came his instant witty reply.

"So jao Acp!" I typed.

"ACP? Ohoo lagta hai kisi ki aadatein bhi adapt krti jaa rahi ho tum!"  he teased me.

"Tumhe subah police station Jana hai na... get some sleep!" I replied and he sent me laughing emoticons.

------------------------

Hey guyssss!! Here's the new chapter for you all!! hope you guys liked it!! 

Don't forget to vote and comment on your feedback. Until next time...

Signing off~

Pihu...