According to Plan

You realized you had no plan.

Rather, more accurately, you realized that you did have a plan, but the plan was missing some key steps.

This was the plan:
Step 1: get dressed.
Step 2: arrive at party.
Step 3 - 6ish: ??????
Step 7: Revenge. Or rather Avenge. Avengeance? You would have to circle back on that.

It would also be great if the optional Step 8: "get away cleanly" occurred, but you were just beginning to realize that your avengeance-planning skills might not be up to that particular task. But this was the kind of thing you did. Jump head-first into the deep end and hope it worked out. It mostly worked out.

Mostly.

The sun was setting over Los Angels and the city looked stunning at this hour. Your view from the balcony of this mansion in the hills showed off the glowing pink and orange hues of the fading light in a manner that was almost obscene. You sipped your drink and saw a shining city of self-made men, and broken hearts. A city of dreams that either made you a believer or made you a sacrificial lamb. Sometimes it made you both.

The balcony you were currently standing on belonged to your boss Elias, a billionaire tech entrepreneur who had used his significant inheritance to buy himself the title of "genius". Through several well-advised investments, and half-baked ideas made reality by the hard-working coders and engineers he had won this status. It seemed like everyone was desperate to get a piece of the success that clung to this man like a disease. That was you once too. Maybe it still was if you would let yourself admit it. Young and hungry, and eager to make Elias's brands household names - whatever the cost, ethically, morally. You played your part and it certainly had perks - a salary that was nothing to sniff at, and invitations to endless soirees like this one where you gladly rubbed shoulders with the likes of Tony Stark and Pepper Potts. The fringe benefits made the long hours and ever-changing demands not only bearable, but often downright exciting.

The glamor, however, had tarnished recently when you learned some... uncomfortable... truths about Elias's predilection for bright young things and giving them psychological Trauma with a capital 'T'. You had witnessed several promising young interns quit unexpectedly, and several particularly gorgeous new-hires deteriorate within a few months of arrival. But the corporate culture was to not talk about it, and chalk it up to the cutthroat nature of business. Some couldn't hack it. After all, nothing untoward had ever happened to you, and didn't you fit the bill? Bad behavior was easy to excuse when it wasn't personal.

But now, of course, it was personal.

You slipped in and out of conversations, listening, nodding, acting as natural as possible while desperately trying to come up with the missing pieces of your plan. Maybe an opportunity would even present itself.

"...the formation of New Asgard. I for one am shocked the Norwegians gave them any land at all. They're not even human. And we're already dealing with our own refugee crisis."
"I think the Asgardians could be helpful. Think about the kind of tech they have access to. It could revolutionize our industries."

A drink to his face was a little too pedestrian to exact the kind of reaction you were looking for. It would also erase the possibility of Step 8 coming to fruition. Although you were pretty sure that you could convince the bar tender to whip you up a particularly lurid concoction that would do an excellent job of destroying the bespoke white linen suit your host was currently wearing.

"Now you're thinking like the UN. Biding their time until they can figure out how best to profit off of Earth's new best friends."
"But think of the environmental impact that unfettered access to alien tech could have! Most of the fallout from the Battle of New York has been sequestered by government labs."