The Bargain

You had thought that there would be some solace in seeing Loki after your emotionally grueling morning with the old witch, but learning how to fight was proving to be just as frustrating and daunting.

Loki had kissed you sweetly over a picnic lunch as you told him of your meager successes and numerous failures in practicing your magic, but as soon as you were done, he handed you two forearm sized sticks and asked you to hit him.

"How hard?" You asked, nervously, still unsure of what you were capable of.

"Darling, you know I believe in you, but I don't actually think you're going to be able to hit me. Not today. After all I am a god." He gave you a cocky wink and shoved his hands into the pockets of his trousers.

If he was offering you a challenge then you weren't going to back down just because your beautiful, arrogant prince was taunting you.

He was in a black canvas jacket, black tee and black pants. You swore at this point he was mocking you with these monochromatic ensembles. You were in bike shorts and a sweatshirt, convinced that your exertions would keep you comfortable in the chill. You had the clear advantage in mobility. True, you had never really fought anyone before, but surely you were spry enough to keep up.

You dug your trainers into the pebbled ground beneath you and lunged at him, taking a direct approach, unable to think of anything better. He stepped casually to the side, and you flew right past him.

You reversed, spun on your heels and lunged again, confident that you could at least nick him this time. But he made a little quarter spin, and you glided by once more.

You continued on like that for a while, dancing around each other - Loki making elegant pirouettes, his hands never leaving his pockets, and you stumbling, clumsily chasing after.

"Keep your center of gravity low," he offered, "Control your movements, speed is good, but precision is better. Remember darling, it's less about the size of the rod, and more about how you use it."

You were certain that last joke was meant to make you feel off-kilter, and it worked. You stumbled over a rock and fell hard, unable to slow your momentum. You cried out in pain and frustration.

"Oh, darling, are you hurt?" Loki bent over you, checking. You swung your arm around it towards him, stick still in-hand, but he caught it easily before it made contact with any other part of his body.

"Oooh. I love that you're playing dirty, but I'm afraid that doesn't count."

You let out an exasperated sigh.

"I'm never going to catch you, and I'm not sure why I should try," you were pouting now, and you knew it, but you hated it when something didn't come naturally to you.

Loki gave you his biggest cheshire-cat gin. You had an inkling that he knew the feeling exactly.

"Oh darling, don't be sour. You have to feel these things out, and it takes time," he helped you back up to standing, "Here, why don't I make it a bit more interesting by offering you a bargain? If I can disarm you or knock you prone, then I win, and tonight you kneel before me, your god, your victor. But if you manage to pin me, or hit me even once, well then," Loki gracefully got on both knees, grabbed your hips and kissed you between them over the soft spandex of your shorts. It was an overly grand display of sensuality, typical of his dramatics, but you were buying into it, "Then the roles will reverse, and I will kneel to you and worship at the temple of your gorgeous body."

You rolled your eyes at the self-satisfied look he was pointing up at you, but there was also a blush reddening your cheeks. You hated to lose, but you loved these sexy little games he was always proposing. You wouldn't really be losing if it meant that later Loki would boss you around in the bedroom again. You loved when he was sweet, but it was so delicious when he was wicked.