Chapter 37

There was a buzz on her door.

Jisu doesn't recall ordering anything or having someone coming over. She plans to ignore it, but the buzzer is persistent.

Irritated, Jisu slightly opens her door to peek at the mystery buzzer. A paper bag was raised to her face, blocking her view.

"Tteokbokki delivery!" the familiar voice says.

Jisu need not check further to know who the person is. "Ryujin? What are you doing here?"

Ryujin's head pops on the side, a cheeky smile on her face. "Visiting my girlfriend."

That doesn't explain Ryujin's presence at her doorstep today. But of course, it's enough to make Jisu smile. She closes the door to unlock all the locks and reopens it.

"I thought Yuri's off until tomorrow?"

She pulls Ryujin inside.

"Something came up at work. They called her in to cover for a colleague," Ryujin says as they saunter over to the kitchen to put the food down.

"Does that mean you'll stay here for the night?"

With a hand on her nape, Ryujin looks at Jisu apologetically. "Umm. Well. Yuri will come back home this evening."

"Oh." Jisu pouts.

"But we do have the whole day to spend together." Ryujin pinches Jisu's chin. "I'll do whatever you want. We'll watch whatever movie you like."

That somehow managed to bring back the smile on Jisu's face.

Yeah. It's better than not seeing Ryujin at all.

"Let's just be close like this the whole day then." she hugs Ryujin's arm to her chest.

Ryujin looks at her intently, like she's the most beautiful thing in the world. But Jisu also knows that the look means a lot of stuff is running over her soulmate's mind.

Whatever it is, Ryujin shrugs it off with a smile. "Whatever my Jisu wishes then."

Jisu leans her head against Ryujin's arm as the latter leads her to the couch.

She wishes this day won't end.

---

They spent the entire day cozied up on the couch, watching movies and eating tteokbokki.

Like before, Jisu's a happy baby again. Ryujin's usual random kisses here and there, and the whispers of love in Jisu's ear sends her heart fluttering and keeps weakening her knees.

Jisu loves it because affections like that assure her that no matter what happens, it's going to be her and Ryujin in the end.

---

It was around dusk when things started to heat up between them.

Jisu isn't sure if it's because of the hot bed scene from the movie they just watched, or if it's because she knows Ryujin would be leaving sooner or later, but she finds herself eager to make love--to make sure she feels Ryujin before she leaves.

Her last talk with Yuri left an irksome impression on her--haunting her to this day. Thinking about Ryujin getting intimate with her wife can immediately set Jisu on fire.

She knows there's no point telling Ryujin about it. She can't stop Ryujin from doing it with Yuri, especially now that they don't want to raise suspicions.

But still, hearing the confirmation from Yuri makes Jisu's blood boil.

Thinking about the possibility that something like that might happen to Ryujin and Yuri tonight is too much for Jisu to take.