Chapter 3

"Hello Mr. Potter, Miss Weasley." Professor Mcgonagall said when she noticed them walking into the great hall.

"Hello Professor. Good to see you again." Ginny replied.

"Ah, and this must be Mr. Teddy Lupin." Mcgonagall realized.

"Yes. Thank you again for letting us bring him." Harry said.

"Of course Potter, of course. Now do go sit down and eat. Taking care of a baby requires energy." Mcgonagall ordered.

The young couple nodded and walked over to where Ron and Hermione were waiting.

"Welcome back students for another year. For some of you, like the seventh years from last year, this is a redo for you, so you may finish your education. For others like last year and this years first years, you are only just beginning your education. Last years first years are this years second years but you are slightly behind the average second year. And that is okay. We will rebuild everything that was lost last year. But for now, let's feast!" Mcgonagall said, stepping up to the task as Headmistress.

The students cheered, which startled a sleeping Teddy, who woke up, and started whimpering softly.

"It's alright Teddy Bear." Ginny soothed.

Teddy looked around in confusion. He didn't understand.

"We're at school, Teddy. We've here for a while. But don't worry, every weekend you can see your Gran and have fun with her." Ginny explained, in a little baby voice, as though Teddy could understand her.

Teddy cooed and babbled.

"Really, tell me about it!" Ginny giggled.

Harry smiled at his little family. He'd never seen this motherly side of Ginny with a child before. Sure, she'd been motherly to him like Molly was to everyone, but Harry had never seen her like this with a baby before. Harry loved it.

...........................................................................

"Goodnight Harry. Ted, say night night to Harry." Ginny said.

"Nn nn" Teddy babbled.

"Night, Teddy." Harry smiled.

Harry watched Ginny climb the stairs to the girls dorms. Then he walked to his dorm.

As he entered the room he saw his dorm mates where already in there. Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas, Neville and Ron were already talking and inside the dorm room.

"Hey mate! Is Teddy with Gin?" Ron asked.

"Yeah. She's putting him to bed." Harry said.

"Teddy? Isn't that what Remus said that his son was named at Shell Cottage?" Dean asked softly, remembering both his teacher and the reason he had been there at the cottage.

"Yeah. I got full custody of him....after....you know...." Harry said trailing off for a second. "His grandmother, Andromeda, takes him on the weekends though."

"Wow, so your a dad now huh?" Seamus smirked.

"Yeah, I guess I am." Harry agreed.

A small knock on the door alerted the boys of someone waiting outside their dorm.

Harry walked over to the door and opened it. Ginny was standing there, her eyes slightly red and puffy.

"Gin? What's wrong?" Harry asked.

"It's Teddy." Ginny said.

Harry looked down at the baby in Ginny's arms. He was red in the face, tears streaming down his cheek, and was wailing loudly. Teddy's hair kept changing between red for his anger or frustration, black the same shade as Harry's hair, and blue for his sadness.

"What's wrong with him?" Ron asked from behind Harry.

"I-I think he wants Harry. He's been wailing ever since I tried to out him to bed. Harry is always in the room when we put him down. He must have gotten confused or upset when he saw Harry wasn't there. It probably didn't help that we aren't at home. Teddy isn't used to the castle. He was crying for so long that the other girls in my dorm aside from 'Mione got annoyed with it so I came here. 'Mione's probably on her way with Teddy's bag now."

"Gin, why don't you grab his crib and bring it to the common room? We'll sleep on the couches with him until he gets used to the castle. Then we'll figure out the rooms." Harry suggested.

"Okay." Ginny agreed.

She handed the still crying baby to Harry, and left to grab the baby's crib.

"Is he alright, mate?" Neville asked.

"He just got scared, I think. He was in a room with a bunch of girls he didn't know aside from Ginny and Hermione, in a large castle he's unfamiliar with, and in a sort of change in schedule that he isn't used to. He doesn't understand. He's only five months old." Harry explained.

Teddy began to quiet down as he realized he was with his godfather. Soon the baby was only whimpering.

"There you go Teddy Bear. I know, you're a little scared. It's okay. Ginny and I will be with you all the time." Harry soothed the baby.

Ginny re-entered the room, motioning for Harry to follow him. Harry gave a small wave to his friends before following Ginny out, holding the still whimpering baby to his chest.

"You okay Ginny?" Harry asked softly.

"I'm fine. I was just startled and nervous. He's never cried uncontrollably like that before even though we've had him since May. The other girls in my dorm aside from Hermione were getting frustrated with his crying and snapped at me a bit. I just didn't know what to do. Normally I would have yelled back but I didn't want to scare him more." Ginny said, stroking Teddy's tear streaked cheek.

"I get it. Teddy was just scared. He's too little to understand why we're here. We'll have to work out a schedule to help Teddy understand."

"Yeah...yeah that should help. At home, he had begun to realize what was going to happen next because we had a schedule. He knew when to sleep. He knew when he was hungry he could snack so long as he ate his meals at the right times. We just have to re-establish that to him again and he'll feel better." Ginny nodded.

"Exactly!" Harry whispered.

The both looked down to see Teddy asleep in Harry's arms. Harry gently placed him in his crib. Then he reach out to Ginny, wrapping his hands around her waist in a comforting hug. Harry grabbed his wand and mutter a spell. A blanket and two pillows appeared on the couch for them.

Harry pulled the blanket over himself and Ginny before they both fell asleep.