Chapter 22:

The ceremony continued with the father-daughter dance. Arthur and Ginny danced calmly, mourning quietly. The mother-son dance was next. Molly had stepped in for Lily, as a way of welcoming Harry officially into the family.

After the two dances ended, Ginny was whisked away by her brothers. Bill took her for a dance, then Charlie. Percy took her next. After that song ended, George walked up to her. However, instead of handing her off to Ron when the song ended, George stayed for another.

"What are you doing? Shouldn't Ron be up here now?" Ginny whispered, noticing how Ron continues to watch, not at all confused like she was.

"No. I danced with you once for me. This one is for Fred." George smiled softly, as he twirled Ginny around.

Ginny smiled, tears forming in her eyes before she blinked them away. When the song ended and Ron danced with her, she was still smiling, but now it wavered, as she thought of her late brother and his twin.

Harry caught up with her a half hour later.

"Enjoying the evening, Mrs. Potter?" Harry teased.

"Very much so, Mr. Potter." Ginny giggled.

"Your feet must hurt in those shoes after so many dances." Harry smiled.

"Uh, I already changed to flats. I couldn't do it." Ginny shrugged, making Harry laugh.

"Harry?"

The couple turned and saw Dudley.

"Hey Dudley." Harry greeted.

"Hi Harry, Ginny. Congratulations." Dudley said, offering a nervous smile.

"Thanks. And thank you for coming!" Ginny beamed, making Dudley appear less nervous.

Harry nodded. He really was happy that his cousin had come.

"Mum is sitting with your mother, Ginny. They're talking and I haven't a clue about what. Mind if you two help clue me in?" Dudley asked.

The couple laughed and nodded, following Dudley back to where Molly and Petunia were sitting.

"Hello Aunt Petunia." Harry said.

"Hello Harry. Congratulations on the big day. Beautiful ceremony. Lily would have been so proud." Petunia smiled a watery smile.

"Thank you." Harry smiled back.

As the couple talked to her son, Petunia was struck with déjà vu. They looked so much like Lily and James. Harry's parents would have instantly accepted and loved Ginny. So Petunia decided to do the same for her sister. She wouldn't be able to make up for the long years of poor treatment that she had out Harry through. But she owned it both to her sister and nephew to do better now.

"Welcome to the family Ginny."

Sorry it's been a while. I'm not going to make anything up. I've just been unable to figure out what to say for this chapter. But it's over and next is the honeymoon. Vote here to tell me where to send Harry and Ginny! Also, if anyone likes Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan, I've started a new story, Newborn Hope, which is your classic characters read the book with some of my own twists. The next chapter will be out soon! Happy reading loves!