Chapter 12:

Harry and Ginny were waiting on Hermione and Ron to finish getting ready. Then they all would Floo to the Burrow. Ginny's birthday has fallen on a day when Teddy was with Andromeda, so the elder witch promised to bring him to the Burrow after his nap to celebrate with everyone.

When Hermione and Ron walked downstairs, the four friends Flooed to the Burrow.

For a few hours, nothing really exciting happened. Though Teddy seemed very excited to see his Nana and Papa Weasley again.

Around dinner time, Molly said that she wanted everyone to start stopping by on Sunday nights for dinner, since work would be starting for the new graduates of Hogwarts.

Ginny would start going to practices for the Holyhead Harpies, Hermione was going to work at the ministry, Ron and Harry were going to be Aurors.

George had even decided to get the Joke Shop back up and running. Ginny suspected it had something to do with the fact that she had overheard him talking to Angelina Johnson a few days earlier when she flooed to his apartment for a chat.

"That would be great, Mum." Ron agreed, and everyone else did too.

Molly smiled and served dinner.

After they all ate, Harry pulled Ginny outside, to talk to her.

"What's this about, Harry?" Ginny asked, but she had a large smile on her face.

(Put a guess as to what's happening on a comment on this, and then when the answer is revealed, tell me if you were right! I want to see how easy it was to predict.)

"You'll see." Harry promised.

The couple stopped by the lake near the Weasley's home. It glittered in the moonlight and made Ginny feel special.

Harry smiled at her. "You know, if I hadn't asked you to be my girlfriend again after the battle last year, I probably would have asked you to be my girlfriend again right here at this exact location."

"Why here?" Ginny asked.

"Because it's beautiful, like you." He answered.

Ginny blushed, and mumbled a thank you.

"But that's not all." Harry continued, getting Ginny's attention again. "I'm kind of glad I didn't ask the important question about you being my girlfriend here."

"Why?" Ginny wondered.

"Because...." Harry looked up at the moon for a minute, before looking back at Ginny. "It might have spoiled your birthday gift."

Ginny was utterly confused. "What do you mean?"

"Happy birthday, love." Harry said, reaching into his pocket.

Ginny didn't understand. What was he talking about? He pulled out a small jewelry box and opened it but Ginny still didn't understand. Wait, was that a diamond ring?

And then Harry James Potter got down on one knee.

"Ginerva Molly Weasley, I have loved you since I first laid eyes on you. You are my ray of sun. Will you make me the happiest man in the world, and marry me?"

(Did you get it?! Let me know on here!!!)

Ginny gasped and grinned. "Yes! Yes! One hundred times yes!"

Harry smiled back, standing up, and pulled the ring out of the box. He slipped it onto her finger, and Ginny giggled as she looked at it. It had a gold band, and a large clear diamond in the center. There was an engraving on the band. It said, "always my love, till the end." And despite being clean, the ring looked just slightly old, as though it had been loved before.

"I love the ring. It's gorgeous. Where did you get it?" Ginny asked, looking up from her new engagement ring.

"It was my Mum's. I talked to her and Dad about proposing and Mum suggested using her old ring. It was put in the Gringott's bank account after she and Dad passed. I never even saw it in there until they told me." Harry explained.

"I love it. I wonder what other things are in that bank. You never saw the ring?" Ginny commented.

"Never, and there's probably a load of other things in there from my parents that I never saw." Harry said.

"Yeah, well, I love you but you aren't very observant." Ginny laughed.

"You're right." Harry agreed, laughing too.

With that said, the couple began to walk back to the Burrow, their hands intertwined, and a large grin on both their faces. They were going to spend their lives together and their future together started that day.

Ahh!!!! I'm so proud of how this chapter ended up coming out. Tell me what you think and look at a post titled "my sister's story" to get another cool read. Let me know if you guessed what the birthday gift was.