Chapter 36

*Matt POV*

"Morning Boss," someone calls as I enter the kitchen.

"Morning," I answer, grabbing a dirty plate and moving it out of the way.

"Where is Mrs. Dean," someone jokes as I continue to walk toward my office.

"Brunch."

"She isn't Mrs.Dean for another two weeks read the sign," one of the waitresses chides pointing to the whiteboard on the wall. We had a team meeting a few weeks ago because we had a bunch of new hires and I wanted to try a few new things and a few of the waitresses overheard Sydney and Amber talking about the wedding and decided to dedicate half our weightboard to a countdown. Usually the weightboard is just dedicated to specials but I enjoy the countdown that greets me every time I walk in.

"Sorry," one of the chefs laughs as the waitress flicks him and leaves with plates full of food.

"Be in my office," I inform everyone before shutting the door behind me. It is a bustling Saturday bunch service so I doubt anyone will come bother me, they're all too busy.

I fire up the computer and begin my usual routine. I don't typically come in on weekends but I have changed my schedule a lot since Tokyo. While the break up was stupid and I am still kicking myself for it it did highlight some things Sydney and I need to work on. Even before I began to pull away we were living different lives and not prioritizing each other enough. Since then we have both made it more of a point to do weekly date nights and work our schedules around each other. Sydney is even spending more time at the restaurant while I have changed my training schedule so only 1 night a week I am at the gym when she is off from work.

After about an hour of working Sydney texts me asking where I am and I tell her the restaurant. I am assuming her brunch with the girls is wrapping up. Kristy and Aly took her out this morning because with exactly two weeks until our wedding she has been extremely stressed. I hope she had a good time and feels better because last night she was so stressed she just sat in the living room and cried, which always breaks my heart.

"Knock, knock," Sydney says peeking her head in.

"Hi my girl," I greet rolling my chair back from my desk so she can sit on my lap.

As she walks across the room teetering in her heels a little I can tell she had a couple drinks while at brunch. Not drunk but definitely a little bit of a buzz.

"How is work," she asks, straddling my lap, her short dress raising up her hips as she does. I am instantly hard as the lace of her underwear peeks out from under her dress now bunched at her hips.

"Almost done," I tell her trying to suppress a groan as she lowers herself down on my lap, her thin black underwear grazing my jeans. I grab her hips as she rolls them a little. I need to work and as much as I hate rejecting Sydney I really need to finish this because it is time sensitive.

"Sorry love," I apologize, lifting her off my lap and setting her down on her wobbly legs.

She just huffs in response and I give her ass a little swat before turning back to the computer. I expect her to walk over to one of the chairs and sit but instead out of the corner of my eye I see her lower herself to the ground. Seconds later I feel her brush against my leg as she crawls under my desk.

I roll back again and peek under. She is sitting back on her heels looking up at me with innocent puppy dog eyes but I know her intentions are anything other than innocent, but I don't move to stop her. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to mix work and pleasure.

As I continue to work I feel the button on my pants pop followed by the sound of my zipper slowly being lowered. I pause for a second as her fingers wrap around me pulling me free from my boxers.