4: Pet

This is a work of fiction.

*****

In Chinese culture, dragons represents power, strength and fortune; and a five-clawed dragon symbolizes the Emperor.

The tail of a fish, the scales of a carp, the neck of a snake, the claws of an eagle, the paws of a tiger, the ears of a cow, the eyes of a demon, the beard of a goat and the horns of a stag are commonly depicted characteristics of a Chinese dragon in most of the stories.

In the novel, the emperors of the four warring states (Chu, Du, Tang and Li) are called the 'Dragon Kings of the Four Seas' (Sìhǎi Lóngwáng).

Each have their natural boundaries: [1] East Sea- the kind Azure Dragon Emperor Chu Niu, [2] South Sea- the ambitious Vermilion Dragon Emperor Li Hai, [3] West Sea- the peace-loving White Dragon Emperor Du Jing and lastly, [4] North Sea- the mysterious Dark Dragon Emperor Tang Zedong

The fictional greographic locations in the novel was only mentioned once. Yes, our beloved author have a lazy ass ya'know. In my first life inside the novel, I only have entered the territories of the two states; the Du and Li.

Six months ago, a marriage alliance was formed between the two rival countries. To stop any more bloodbath, His Majesties, the White and the Vermilion decided to wed their beloved children together in the near future.

So then, to prove that the Emperor of Li Empire didn't forget the 'marriage aggreement'; every year he'd send her beautiful daughter to the Du Empire. The bloody author called it the— 'Royal Summer Visit'. It is the annual visit of the villainess to the Du Empire.

People are expecting that after a month of the male lead's coming of age ceremony, the most awaited royal wedding between the two states will be held.

"P-Princess!"

As bright as the sun, as colorful as the rainbow and as carefree as the wind; Du Kai reminds me of the beach and picnics in Summer.

"P-Princess!"

With her gigantic body, Tian Ming— my girl personal guard immediately blocked the little heir from getting near her master.

Abao from my left glared at the pitiful blue-eyed cat. "The princess did not grant you permission to visit the Yonghe Palace, Your Royal Highness." Abao's voice reminds me of the esteemed secretary of some CEO novels.

'She's a pro at this! Intimidating people even though she's just a maid.'

"Greetings to Her Highness Princess of Laoyang." The prince's servants saluted.

When I nodded, Tian Ming moved to the side; allowing Du Kai's eyes to meet mine.

"Try and step forward, my prince." I put my index finger on my chin; acting coyly.

"Come a bit closer and I'll have your feet crush into pieces." A smile lingered on my lips.

Readers might wonder why the little prince always visit the seventh princess because the villainess clearly loved tormenting the Du prince, nothing more.

He's scared but still dared to come. The male lead is not a masochist; it's not in his character settings.

The innocent Du Kai truly treated the beautiful Li Cha as his playmate and his only friend.

'He's a lonely kid you see. Ah, if I can, this grāndmā would like to give this boy a candy.'

"What is it? Hmn..? You're laughing earlier."

Li Cha have guts. These days, she don't even bother to give the Crown Prince a proper greetings.

The Du prince hesitantly glanced from his shoulder, to his servants to be exact; as if asking for moral support.

"What made the Crown Prince so happy?"

The male lead bowed his little head; flinching at every word I uttered.

"To a-answer Her Highness, H-Her Majesty the Empress
bestowed the Crown Prince a gift." One of the eunuch answered.

"Oh.."

"A talking b-bird from the West. His Royal Highness the Crown Prince would like to show y-you his new pet, Your Highness."

"Hmmn.. A pet, you say?"

Abao took the cage from one of the prince's palace maid and displayed it infront of me.

"This pet.. you want to show it to me?"

When Du Kai nodded eagerly, laugh suddenly came out of my mouth.

"This gift.. do you like it prince?"

The innocent male lead looked up; with fear and hope mixing in his eyes.

"Y-yes."

I opened the cage and grabbed the small parrot inside. With a stern voice, I asked: "Why? Is it because.. the bird is so pretty? Or perhaps because.. the bird talks and can fly?"

He's playing with his fingers again; Du Kai keep fidgeting under the intensity of this villainess stare.

"What you like, what you need and what you can keep.. only I can give you permission."

With that being said, I pulled the two wings of the bird from its little body as if I'm just tearing a piece of paper. Then, I threw it to the ground.

The gasps of the servants, the look of horror in the Crown Prince's face and the cries of the broken bird echoed in the Yonghe Palace.

"Without this princess approval, you.. shall have nothing."

The bloody author once shared in a forum that she based Li Cha's character from real life people.

Like I mentioned before, the bloody author must be a fan of many palace dramas. Dignified and noble like Ruyi, ruthless like Wu Zetian and mischievous like Wei Yingluo. For short, that jerkface author made the villainess character as someone who have a split personality.

I walked leisurely towards him.

I took off my red cape and wrapped it around the male lead; stunned by my action, some faint emotion passed through his face.

I hugged him; patting his back gently. "Shh.. Don't cry, my prince."

When I was reading the novel, even I, this octopus.. got scared by this psychotic b!tch. She's literally giving people's nightmares!

'Who said being a villainess is easy? Is fun?! Come out, I promise I'll give you a clean death!'

Acting crazy, playing with animals in a very gore way and punishing people in the most inhuman I've never known possible. It's really really hurting my conscience and my entire being!

Should I be thankful the the original Li Cha never killed people as she only loved seeing people sufferings, as if she's just watching a 3D film?

"Don't forget Your Royal Highness that in this palace, you are the only pet allowed."

"My pet."

"A pet given to me by Her Majesty the Grand Empress Dowager Xie."