7: Spill

Readers commented that this kitten don't deserve the Warrior Empress. Du Kai was basically called the useless male lead by the fans.

The entire novel described Kai as simple and naive. The incompetent crown prince was born with a frail body and weak heart; a little bit gust of wind, he'd break type of male lead.

'Assassin.'

I felt like something was amiss. Imagining a mere nine years old child as a killer really don't make sense.

The assassin might be another person and the prince must just have picked up the hairpin somewhere. But why would a skilled assassin used a hairpin as a weapon?

'Eff your ancestors!' I never felt so dumb in my life.

Who am I kidding? The evidence is here! The male lead killed them. I'm sure of it.

"I.. I didn't.. I."

"They put t-their hands on me. I c-can't do anything. They covered my m-mouth. I can't scream. I tried.. but no one h-heard me." By the tremor in his voice, the kitten was clearly suppressing his sobs.

"They tore my clothes. Broke my crown. S-slap me hard. But then it wasn't enough for them. W-when they saw what's in my h-hand, they.. tried to.. take it from me."

Believe me Kai. I'm not innocent either. There's no place of regret here. I've really gone far. There's no turning back.

I know that this would happen and the truth that I.. didn't do anything to stop it; made me as guilty as the Grand Empress Dowager.

"Your.. your hairpin. I can't let them touch the princess's favorite. I want to p-protect it."

His head lowered. Following his gaze; I saw his pale hands, clenching the butterfly hairpin.

"I.. just want to protect it will all the strength left in me." A broken smile was suddenly painted on his mouth.

'This child..'

'Don't tell me..'

The changes happened just because of a single hairpin? Wait. That's right. In the original novel, there's no such thing exist. There was no hairpin involved.

So.. if it wasn't for the hairpin.. it means, there would be no corpses tonight.

When Kai looked up, I suddenly froze.

Those blue eyes..

There was a rumor that Empress Tao put a green hat to Emperor Du Jing. Born with rare blue eyes, they said that the Crown Prince Du Kai was cursed by the Gods.

Those expectant eyes..

I'm not here to rescue you. I'm only here just to check the script.

'So please, don't look at me with those eyes.' Don't look at me as if.. you're waiting for me. As if this villainess is your savior.

"Kai."

Again. Such hopeful gaze.. This octopus can't stand it.

When I put my palm over his wet eyes, I felt the young prince stiffened. Then, there was another batch of fresh tears coursed down from his chubby cheeks. They flowed so.. quitely.

"Don't cry anymore." I whispered.

My heart softened when the Crown Prince put his hand over mine. I know. It was his way of telling me not to remove them. Telling me stay still.

Through the trembling hand that held mine so lightly; I felt his despair, his grievance and his fear.

'My little Kai.'

"D-don't be sad, Princess." He must be so frightened that he fainted. Even as his small body fell into my arms, no tears made their way out of my sockets; but my heart broke.

My god! So unbecoming for a villainess.

"Servants!" Yo! Guys, help me. He's heavy.

After wiping Kai's tears, I called for the male servants and the physicians, everyone acted like they're walking in needles. They were very careful not to set off the unsteady emotion of their masters.

"How can this be? I'm his mother! Érzi! My poor boy."

I warned everyone. The emperor and the empress were both truly shaken when I told them that from now on, any females are not allowed near the prince. Just like in the last life, as baffling as it sound, I am the only girl who the male lead didn't react so negatively.. aside from the female lead.

'Maybe, I don't looked like a girl to him?'

My Dilraba Dilmurat beauty felt offended. More importantly I have boobs okay! 'Even though these babies are still.. developing!'

The traumatic event took a toll to this mini body of the male lead; Kai didn't woke up the entire night and day. Since my unfortunate index finger was kidnapped, so as my old bones. They were tortured.

'My back! My neck! My shoulders!'

I cursed under my breath. 'Eff your ancestors!'

This villainess was struggling with the male lead's tantrum. If I tried to yank his hand away, he would unconsciously cry and whine like a cat; breaking this gràndma's heart.

'Oh man. I'm the villainess. I'm not supposed to be here.'

Oh, mother! My mother didn't go through hardship on giving birth to me just for me to enslaved myself like this.

Oh, father! My father didn't worked so hard driving his taxi late at night just for me to ogle at the male lead like this.

Beloved parents, please fogive this silly daughter. For I can't even do this villainess role right without being swayed by the protagonist's beauty.

'Oh, my fragile heart.'

"Abao, be careful. Not to spill anything."

Abao returned the spoon to the bowl. She dabbed the cloth gently, wiping my lips. "Can't we just cut his hand? The princess is tired. My heart ache for you, Your Highness. When he's awake, the Crown Prince is clinging to you. Now, even in his sleep, he won't spare the princess! So troublesome." Her grumpy face remain unchanged. "Are you.. his mother? So annoying."

I really want to take a long bath and maybe a good massage. 'Ah, my old bones.'

Tian Ming came. Then she respectfully saluted. "Your Highness, Captain Hao is here."

"Greetings to Her Highness Princess of Laoyang."

"Hao Ran."

'Yo! The *friend zoned second male lead is in the house people!'