11: Atrocious

"Hide your claws well."

"If the princess found out the monster behind your pretty mask, you'll lose.. this game."

I set my sight to the old woman in front.

'You witch. How dare you make my baby cry.'

The Grand Empress Dowager's hair was piled high on the top, adorned with heavy crown and decorated with precious jewelries.

"Greetings to Her Majesty the Grand Empress Dowager." Her earrings with the size of a tablespoon, her face as blank as my exam paper, her lips as red as my menstruation and her eyes were highlighted with dark blue shadows like someone just punched her.

The male lead immediately raised his head and beamed: "Li Cha!"

The crying Du Kai ran towards me. His face buried onto my chest. His arms automatically wrapped around me.

I frowned.

'Why is he crying so much?'

"Break his arms or legs. I don't care."

I felt the kitten stiffened. I gently disentangled his stick arms from my waist.

"But Your Majesty just made a mistake. You were careless." Du Kai winced when I squeezed his face in one hand and forced him to meet my gaze.

"How unsightly."

There was a small cut on his red left cheek, possibly the product of the Grand Empress Dowager's brutality. I could tell that someone slapped the male lead. And that person's nail evidently grazed the cheek of the Crown Prince.

"Princess." Xie Nu glanced to the weeping male lead. "Don't let that seemingly harmless and innocent face deceive you."

My hand moved to the male lead's fragile neck, pulling him close. "Is that so?" I giggled.

Whimpering, Du Kai choked: "Li.. Cha.."

"But what to do? Without the Crown Prince's face, this alliance will fall. Without this pretty face, he's useless to me."

In the corner of my eye, I could see the look of panic on the Grand Empress Dowager's face. "Princess.. You.."

My thumb caressed the slightly bleeding wound on the male lead's cheeks. "This cut, I shall take it as a proof of Your Majesty's remonstrance against the alliance."

The male lead stumbled when I pushed him heavily to the ground. He coughed and cried so hard. Witnessing Kai's pitiful appearance, I felt a thorn stabbing into this gràndma's heart.

I turned my eyes away, planning to escape the crime scene. "Abao, prepare for this princess' departure. I couldn't wait to bring Fù Huàng this great news."

"Yes, Your Highness."

"P-princess." Without even catching his breath, Du Kai forced himself up. He hugged me again.

'This..!'

'Male lead, I'm not your mother. Let go ah.'

"D-dont leave." He pleaded, more tears streaming down his cheeks. Ah. Baby Kai, don't show that face. That expression which makes people particularly want to bully you more.

"Your Majesty must've known that what I hate the most.. is seeing ugly things." Without any pretence of politeness, my gaze shot back to the Grand Empress Dowager.

'My Kai ah, am I the octopus or are you the octopus? Why is it so hard to take your limbs off me?'

"Princess, no."