3: Laugh

"You.. solely belongs to me."

"One day, when you ascend the throne, this princess will become your Empress."

'Like I said, Li Cha is a scum!'

Little Kai blinked his ocean eyes and obediently nodded. 'Ahh.. Why so innocent, my prince?'

In the original novel, the seventh princess dared to stretch her long tentacles to our beloved male lead.

'Oh no! My pitiful blue-eyed cat. You must've suffered a lot from this exotic octopus.'

If I can, I really won't dare touch even the tip of the male lead's hair. These days, the sharp sword of the female warrior on my neck keep popping in my head. What a fvcking nightmare!

During his childhood, before our female warrior saves the day, the kind Du Crown Prince was not just been abused by Grand Empress Dowager Xie but also by this rotten villainess. *pointing at my beautiful octi self

The 'Empress and I' novel revolves around our female protagonist— Jiao Zhen. It's the story of a woman depicting her struggles to become empress.

Considering the face-slapping and scheming scenes in the novel that are too many to count; the bloody author must be a fan of the fictional 'Princess Weiyoung', 'Empress of China' by phenomenal Wu Zetian, the 'Virtous Queen of Han' by innocent Wei Zifu or the 'Story of Yanxi Palace' by playful Wei Yingluo.

I remember clearly that the story of Jiao Zhen has inspired a lot of readers in my world. The readers were so satisfied every time the female warrior won against the villainess Crown Princess.

The strong female lead was once a tea-palace maid of the Crown Prince. She was a woman who rises from low birth and became the warrior empress. She entered the harem as one of the male lead's concubine, then Jiao Zhen step by step, drew all political power into her own hands and became the most controversial empress in history.

Unlike the seductive Li Cha, the female lead is not a beauty but it's her unrivalled intelligence and exceptional bravery that caught the prince attention. She was so talented that it captivates not only the heart of the crown prince but also the heart of the people. The novel not only focuses in the romance but also on how the female lead transform from being a regular servant to a Warrior Empress; protecting her people from the invasion of the powerful Li Empire.

Like I said, when I first transmigrated, I secretly supported our protagonists.. yet in the end.. *whine*whine*whine* I unknowingly touched my neck; just like what you thought — my death was too brutal to describe.

'Die. Die. You evil girl! Female Warrior, kick her ass more! Let her kneel, cut her throat and let her bleed to death!' Recalling how I also savagely cursed the seventh princess character in the comment section, my scalp started to feel numb. The left side of my face subconsciously twitched.

*glu*glu*glu (_) [*sounds of a complaining octopus]

Even though I'm unwilling to put down my princess crown, I don't have a choice. As long as I won't die as brutally as my first transmigration and as long as my head remain attach to my body, I promise I won't complain.

Originally, the villainess will die by drinking a poison tea. So.. a poison is not that bad compared to that bloody death.

My mission is to become a proper villainess and die by poison, not by.. *gulp* anything brutal. Or else I would piss my skirt.

"Your Highness, Her Majesty the Grand Empress Dowager Xie gifted you a new bow."

"Do you hear that my pet?"

The male lead stiffened.

"P-Princess."

"It's from your great grandmother. So I must.. use it well." I chuckled. "That old woman is quite brutal."

I glanced at Tian Ming, she nodded and dragged the male lead to the front, letting him stand against a tree.

The novel's plot haven't started because our strong female lead haven't entered the palace yet. In the next six years, the only heir of the Du Empire will suffer in the hands of his future wife— meaning.. me.

I feel like an octopus in a chopping board. *sob*sob*sob*

"Don't move, Your Highness."

Holding the apple above his head, the scared male lead trembled. Every servants in the garden was secretly smiling in anticipation from the side.

"I'm s-scared, Princess."

After Abao presented me the bow, Kai's eyes instantly reddened. His chest was moving violently, up and down. I gracefully raised from my seat and took a proper stance.

I smirked. Stance and posture are essential for an accurate shot.

After experiencing my first transmigration, somehow I picked a hobby along the journey; archery.

"Shh. Don't be scared my prince."

I keep a relaxed grip in the bow handle. Placing the arrow on the bow, I coaxed Kai again. "You know the rules, Your Highness."

With my fingers on the drawstring, I raised my bow and held it out towards the male lead. Using my dominant eye, I looked down from the arrow and aligned it with my precious target.

"Just remember the rules." I said merrily.

Using my back muscles for strength, I let my arm stay as relaxed as possible. Then slowly, I pulled back the string. "You move, you die."

The air was full of tension.

In the next second, the whistling sound of an arrow being shot made everyone sucked in a quick breath. At the same time, the apple above Kai's head was split into two, leaving the arrow embedded to the tree behind him.

Abao began to clap. Few moments later, the others also began clapping and joined the fun. A series of congratulations and admiration to the seventh princess rung in the royal garden.

"You're amazing, Your Highness."

"You look beautiful with your bow, Your Highness."

Ignoring the servants, I made my way to the kneeling Crown Prince. The small cat was pretty spooked like he just saw a Jīangshī. (*Rigid Bodies- Chinese vampire/zombie)

Using the limb tip of my bow, I lifted his chin. "I told you not to move Kai. You see, my hand almost slip."

For more evilness effect, I started laughing; so similar to Maleficient wicked cackle of laugh in the 1959 movie. *AHOHOHO*AHAHAHA*AHHH*HAHAHAHA