Chapter Ten

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

T h a n k    y o u

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

07/07/2021

"Isn't that Beomgyu hyung?" 

Hueningkai and Taehyun were walking down a quiet street in the city after their very last exam when Huenginkai spotted Beomgyu across the road near one of the darker alleys. There was what seemed like a couple with him. The man was yelling angrily at Beomgyu but Beomgyu was calm. Hueningkai and Taehyun could see Beomgyu smirking and saying something that they couldn't make out to the man. What he said definitely triggered the man. Hueningkai gasped as the man pushed Beomgyu down and punched him. The man then kicked him in the stomach before leaving with the woman. 

"Hyung!" Hueningkai rushed across the road with Taehyun. Beomgyu stood up with ease and dusted his clothes before looking up at them. His cheek wasn't bruised but there was a small cut made by the ring the man was wearing. 

"Ah Hueningkai and... Taehyun." Beomgyu wiped off the blood with his sleeve. Taehyun watched him quietly, not saying a word. Beomgyu looked at him and sighed. He didn't like the silent treatment he was getting but it was understandable after what he had said and done to Taehyun that day. 

"Stop hiding from me... hyung." 

"I'm not. Get off me Taehyun."

"Why? Why are you not telling us anything? I know that something's wrong." Taehyun seemed desperate at that moment. He was dying to know and he didn't know why himself. He knew that this was the wrong approach to get to know Beomgyu better but he couldn't control himself. There were just too much mystery surrounding the older and Taehyun didn't like it. He wanted answers and he was impatient. He could tolerate bratty behaviours but he couldn't tolerate secrets and it was obvious that Beomgyu was purposely hiding lots from him. Beomgyu must had driven him crazy. Taehyun wasn't usually like this. He wasn't supposed to be interested in him. He wasn't supposed to do this. Beomgyu was enticing and he didn't like it. 

Beomgyu grabbed Taehyun's shoulders and flipped them around with Beomgyu on top of him. Taehyun could feel his heart thumping loudly against his chest with Beomgyu's sharp gaze directed at him. The brunette softly caressed his cheek before tracing his lips with the pad of his thumb slowly. Taehyun's breath hitched at his action. Before he could push Beomgyu away, Beomgyu pinned his hands above his head and his strong legs securing Taehyun's. 

"Know your place, Taehyun. Don't cross the line." Beomgyu whispered into Taehyun's ear. 

With that, Beomgyu got up and left the stunned Taehyun behind. Beomgyu had no choice but to do what he did to shut him down.

Taehyun didn't know he was holding his breath until he finally exhaled and inhaled again. He wasn't sure what to feel exactly. The things Beomgyu did to him. Fluster, anger, confusion, longing... the list went on. He was overwhelmed to say the least. He felt like he was being treated as an object again, or someone who was below Beomgyu and he was mad at that. Beomgyu was still an asshole. Beomgyu was toying with him. When he thought that he could finally get closer to Beomgyu and give him a chance, Beomgyu just had to push him away like this. Were they not meant to be? When finally everything was getting better, something just had to make it worse. Even though Taehyun was furious at Beomgyu, he knew deep down that he himself was at fault too. A small part of him believed that Beomgyu was only doing this to avoid everything and he hated this possibility. Therefore, he began the silent treatment towards the older. They still interacted, but with Taehyun not saying a single word to Beomgyu.