Chapter Eighteen

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

A g a i n

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

22/10/2021

Autumn. It was Beomgyu's favourite season. It felt calming to him. He loved how it painted the trees with dazzling colours of ambers, reds and yellows. Autumn decorated the pathways with the different shades of orange, creating a romantic atmosphere. He loved to watch the leaves fall and get taken away by the gentle autumn breeze before landing on the ground. He shut his eyes and took in a deep breath, inhaling the fresh smell of autumn. He had his hands stuffed in the pocket of his beige coat with a black shirt underneath. Autumn was rather cold this year compared to the previous years.

Taehyun stopped in his tracks as he admired the man that was a standing a few feet away. Beomgyu was more breathtaking than his background.

"Beomgyu-ah!" Yeonjun walked past Taehyun and ran towards Beomgyu. He wrapped his arm around his shoulders and ruffled his hair, messing his hair up. "What, are you shooting a drama or something?" He teased the younger.

Beomgyu laughed at that and fixed his hair. He glanced at Taehyun who was still standing there and smiled. "Let's go?"

The question was directed to all his friends, but Taehyun felt as if it was only for him because of the way Beomgyu was only looking at him.

"Let's go." Taehyun replied him.

Beomgyu grinned. He turned away to face the path ahead and walked forward together with Yeonjun.

"Let's go!" Hueningkai exclaimed from behind and linked arms with Taehyun and Soobin.

Beomgyu couldn't express how happy and contented he felt. It was his favourite season and he was out with his favourite people. Everything seemed perfect to him and he wished it could last forever. He looked up at the clear blue sky as they walked down street. He estimated the days he would have left if he continued to use the power to stop time. He would only have about one year left. One year didn't sound a lot. 365 days sounded better. He would have around 365 days left.

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

"Cheers!" The group of friends held out their glasses of beer and toasted. They were currently in a barbeque restaurant.

"This is my first time celebrating before an exam period" Hueningkai said after taking one big gulp.

"This is our tradition" Soobin told him as he grilled the meat with Yeonjun.

Taehyun glanced to his side to see Beomgyu looking out of the glass windows. He looked out as well and saw nothing but dead leaves on the sidewalk and a few people walking by.

"Hyung?" He tapped his shoulder.

"Hmm?" Beomgyu turned to look at him.

"Let's eat" Taehyun picked up a few pieces of grilled meat with the tongs and put them into Beomgyu's bowl.

"Thank you" Beomgyu smiled and ate the meat given by him.

The rest watched their interaction quietly. Soobin and Yeonjun were glad that their relationship had improved so much and were happy for them. On the other hand, Hueningkai was worried. He did once tell Beomgyu to just go for Taehyun and even tried to pair them up but now he felt conflicted. He cared about both of them and knew that it would only hurt them in the future. He wanted both of them to be happy. He had decided to just go with the flow though. Whatever would make Taehyun and Beomgyu happy, he would support.