Chapter Twenty Three

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐ 

N o t h i n g

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

13/03/2022

"Happy birthday!"

"It's freaking 3am." Beomgyu glared at his friends who were standing at his door. He was about to shut the door in their faces when Yeonjun grabbed and pulled the door knob.

"Oh come on, we came all the way here just to celebrate your birthday and you're driving us away at 3am in the morning?!"

"Yeah exactly. It's fucking 3am. Let me sleep. It's my birthday right? That's my birthday wish then."

"Hyung?" Taehyun came from behind with his messy silver hair and half opened eyes.

"Aww Taehyun-ah, you look so cute" Soobin cooed at the sight.

"What's happening?" He asked, confused, as he looked at all their friends, his brain still half asleep.

"It's Beomgyu hyung's birthday, we came to give him a surprise!" Hueningkai seemed really excited about it.

"Oh... His birthday. I see" Taehyun glanced at the clock in the living room. "But it's 3am."

"That's what I've been telling them." Beomgyu sighed. Despite how annoyed he sounded, he was actually really happy on the inside. He loved his friends so much. However, he really wanted to sleep.

"Get your asses in" Beomgyu opened the door widely for them. "we won't be celebrating until all of us get enough sleep."

"You're no fun" Yeonjun shook his head and sighed as he entered the house with the rest.

"Whatever. Yeonjun hyung and Soobin hyung can share the guest room. Huening can sleep with Taehyun or something. I'm going back. Goodnight" Beomgyu said as he headed up the stairs back to his room.

"What have you guys prepared?" Taehyun asked once Beomgyu was out of sight.

"We brought a cake over. And presents of course. Thought we'd give him a surprise" Soobin smiled as he walked to the kitchen to put the cake into the fridge.

"That's nice" Taehyun smiled. "But I hope you're not disappointed by his reaction."

"We're not" Yeonjun laughed as he put the birthday presents in the living room. "Gyu loves his sleep we know that."

"Let's sleep too... Hyuka, come" Taehyun pulled Hueningkai's arm.

Taehyun took out an extra pillow and blanket and pat the empty spot of the bed, telling Hueningkai to sleep beside him. They both lied down and Taehyun switched off the lights.

"Taehyun" Hueningkai called as he stared at the ceiling in the dark.

"Hmm?" Taehyun answered with his back facing Hueningkai.

"Have you prepared any birthday present?"

"Yeah. I noticed that he likes handmade stuff so I made something for him." 

"I see..." Hueningkai shut his eyes. "When are you going to tell him that you like him?"

"Never. I don't ever plan to." Taehyun buried his face into his pillow. 

"Why? I'm sure Beomgyu is aware of your feelings too and you know how much he loves you."

"Our feelings may be mutual but it's just not going to work out... stop asking please. Just sleep."