Chapter Twenty Four

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

T h e ㅤb e s t

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

16/04/2022

"This is a lemon" Taehyun held up the yellow fruit.

"This is an orange" He held up the orange fruit with another hand.

Beomgyu frowned.

Taehyun was starting to believe that Beomgyu was colour blind. How could someone not be able to distinguish an orange from a lemon and vice versa?

"What about this?" Beomgyu held up a green fruit.

"That's lime."

"Huh" Beomgyu stared at the fruit in his hand. "They look all the same."

"The colours are different hyung."

"But-"

"You differentiate them by their colours. Okay?"

"Okay" Beomgyu's lips formed a natural pout as his frown persisted on his face.

They were currently doing a grocery shopping in a supermarket and Taehyun had been trying to teach Beomgyu the differences between those fruits. He really couldn't comprehend Beomgyu sometimes. What really went on in his brain? Taehyun really wished he could dissect his brain right now to find out. Beomgyu was a complicated being that Taehyun would never be able to understand. Whatever Beomgyu's grandfather said about Beomgyu needing someone who truly understood him and thinking Taehyun could be that someone was utter bullshit. Taehyun couldn't be that someone at all. Beomgyu's way of thinking was weird and his emotions were all over the place. His personality wasn't fixed. Not saying that he was bipolar or having multiple personalities but he was just different every moment. Even Taehyun couldn't quite put it into words and this irritated him.

"So what else do we need?" Beomgyu asked as he pushed the cart after getting the lemons.

"Tart flour, almond flour, butter, egg white, egg yolk, sugar, corn starch and gelatin jellies" Taehyun counted with his fingers.

Beomgyu headed to the baking aisle with Taehyun and picked up the ingredients he had read out. It had been a year since they created the house rules they didn't quite follow now. Beomgyu still tried to learn how to cook from Taehyun but he hadn't been improving. According to Taehyun, Beomgyu couldn't even boil water right. He didn't know how Beomgyu managed to cook curry rice and that set of meal when he was sick. Well he was there to watch Beomgyu cook the curry rice when his parents were over but he still couldn't get how he did it when he couldn't cook any other dishes. As for the meal he cooked when he was sick, it forever remained as a mystery. Taehyun had finally decided that they should change cooking to baking. Maybe Beomgyu would be better at baking than cooking.

"That's all, right?" Beomgyu looked at Taehyun when he had gotten all the ingredients.

"Yeah" Taehyun checked their cart and frowned.

"What's this for?" He picked up a packet of jellies.

"You said to get jellies."

"I said gelatin jellies. Not jellies jellies." Taehyun sighed and facepalmed.

"Oh" Beomgyu scratched the back of his neck. "Is that so?"

"Use your brain, why would we use jellies for a lemon tart? You got a perfect GPA but you have no common sense."