Chapter Thirty

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Y o u r s

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

13/08/2022

Time. The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole. Taehyun wasn't stupid. If he was, he wouldn't be studying to be a doctor now. He knew something was up with that word. Both Hueningkai and Beomgyu had mentioned it. Turning back time. Turn back what time? The unreadable clock tattoo he saw last summer on Beomgyu's chest. The chest in Beomgyu's room. The pendant and crystal Beomgyu gifted him. The sudden change in Beomgyu's attitude and behaviour towards him. The way Beomgyu was sure that he would leave the world soon. Taehyun was slowly trying to connect the dots.

Ding!

Taehyun was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the oven clicked. He pulled down the door handle and checked his baked cheesy rice.

"Perfect" Taehyun smiled when he saw the golden baked cheese on top. "Hyung! Hyunjo! Lunch is ready!"

Rushed footsteps could be heard and soon both Beomgyu and Hyunjo were at the dining space. Beomgyu helped the boy onto his seat before taking his own. He looked down at his portion and smiled. "Thanks for the meal."

"You guys won't be able to live without me huh" Taehyun joked. "Who will cook for you if I'm not here?"

"I really won't be able to live without you though" Beomgyu replied seriously as he took a bite. He didn't anyways. He wasn't able to live without Taehyun by his side. Even if he hadn't had the black curse, he still believed that he wouldn't be able to live without him. "You're my everything."

Taehyun blushed bright red at that. "That came out of nowhere."

Beomgyu said nothing else and only smiled softly at his boyfriend.

Lunch was filled with a comfortable silence with Hyunjo occasionally speaking up and entertaining the two young men.

"Hyunjo, I know Huening hyung is very relaxed, but you still need to behave, okay?" Beomgyu told the small boy.

"Okay" Hyunjo nodded obediently.

Beomgyu and Taehyun managed to have a talk after that day. Taehyun found out that the older had realised that they were getting less time alone together too and had been wanting to solve the problem. The solution was much easier than they had expected though. Hueningkai had agreed to babysit Hyunjo so the couple could have some time to themselves and that was what they had been doing every week. They would drop Hyunjo at Hueningkai's place before going out for a date. Taehyun had felt stupid. All they needed to do was to communicate. He clearly knew Beomgyu loved him the most too, not to say that Taehyun was full of himself, but yeah. So he had no reason to be jealous. Hyunjo also loved Taehyun. Not just because he cooked for him, bathed and tucked him in for bed, but because of the way he took care of him, the warmth, the comfort and the security he provided for the small boy. Taehyun learnt that Hyunjo absolutely loved it whenever Taehyun read storybooks or sang lullabies to him.

These past few weeks had been blissful for Taehyun. Even though he still hadn't gotten his answers or found out what Beomgyu was hiding from him, Taehyun was genuinely happy with how everything was progressing.

Hyunjo loved to be babysit by Hueningkai too. According to the little boy himself, the tall blonde was fun and he loved how he had a whole collection of stuffed toys on his bed. Taehyun guessed the stuffed toys really did do wonders for children.