Chapter Twenty

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Iㅤl i k eㅤy o u

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

24/12/2021

"Hyung!" Taehyun knocked on Beomgyu's door.

Beomgyu opened the door. "Sorry, I kind of overslept" he lied.

He wore a green checkerboard cardigan and was holding paper bags filled with Christmas gifts.

"Okay, I made sandwiches, we can eat them along the way there." Taehyun held up a small paper bag with two neatly packed sandwiches.

Beomgyu nodded and rushed down the stairs with Taehyun. They were supposed to reach the hospital at 10am but it was already 9.55am and the hospital was a 20minutes drive away. Beomgyu slipped on his shoes and headed to his car. He placed the bags into the backseat before getting into the driver's seat. Taehyun was already in the passenger's seat when he got in, and he was unwrapping the sandwiches he had made.

Once they were out of the driveway, Taehyun passed the sandwich to Beomgyu. The older held the sandwich in one hand and controlled the wheel with the other. He ate the sandwich and glanced to his side during the red light. Taehyun was already almost done with his sandwich.

"Hmm?" Taehyun noticed Beomgyu looking at him.

"Nothing" Beomgyu smiled and took small bites of his own sandwich.

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

"Oppa!" Siwoo waved to them when they entered her room. Siwoo was sitting up on her bed with a few tubes connected. The sight broke Beomgyu whenever he saw her like that.

"Siwoo" Beomgyu smiled as he closed the door behind him and walked to her bedside with Taehyun. He pulled out a cutely wrapped present and placed it on her lap.

"Merry Christmas" Taehyun smiled. "Open up!" he said excitedly.

Beomgyu looked at Taehyun and giggled at his excitement. He looked more excited than Siwoo who was the recipient of the gift.

Siwoo nervously pulled the string and tore the wrapper, revealing a sumptuous-looking doll with spare sets of clothes that it could change into. Instead of bursting with joy, she looked up to Beomgyu with uncomfortable eyes. "Isn't this expensive?" she asked with a quiet voice.

"You shouldn't worry about the price. We already bought it for you so you should accept it. It is rude to ask that to the person who gifted it" Beomgyu pat her head softly. "You're worthy of the present."

Siwoo nodded her head, feeling better after hearing what Beomgyu had said. "Thank you" she smiled and cradled the doll in her arms.

"How are you feeling?" Taehyun asked the little girl and sat down on the edge of the hospital bed.

"I'm feeling great!" She giggled and smiled cutely at him. "Mama and Papa are here, and they made cookies for me."

"That's good to hear" Taehyun smiled and gave her a gentle hug. "Do you have any Christmas wishes?"

"I wish for both of you oppa to have a good Christmas too" she hugged Taehyun back and nuzzled against his chest.

"Thank you" Taehyun glanced at Beomgyu who was checking the time on his phone. Their day was pretty packed. They had to leave at 11am for a family lunch with both their parents and after that they planned to meet their friends for an early dinner.