Chapter Twenty Two

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

M i n d

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

05/02/2022

Taehyun lifted up his shirt and looked at the scar on his abdomen. He sighed softly and pulled his shirt back down. Taking his jacket, he left his room and knocked on Beomgyu's door.

"Hyung, they're waiting."

The door opened and Beomgyu walked past Taehyun without saying a word.

Taehyun grabbed his wrist to stop him from walking away. "Please talk to me."

Beomgyu looked down on the floor. He hadn't spoke to Taehyun for a long time now. He was just afraid. Afraid that he would do something that could hurt the younger again. But he didn't know he was hurting Taehyun by doing this.

"How can I talk to you" Beomgyu finally spoke and his voice cracked. "when I'm the cause for everything horrible you've experienced."

Taehyun was infuriated by his words. "Stop acting like this. It's immature. You're no different from those people who play victims or self pity themselves right now. It's honestly frustrating and repulsive."

Beomgyu looked up to Taehyun with a frown. "You don't understand."

"Yeah I don't understand you. Because you don't tell me anything." Taehyun spat. "The past is in the past. Stop being so hung up on the past. It's already over and I'm fine now. It wasn't your fault to begin with, so stop blaming yourself for god's sake. This is not helping the both of us. Regretting won't do any good. It will only make things worse. I know you're a perfectionist but this is not it. Life is not perfect."

"Regretting my actions and decisions made me come back to see you again" Beomgyu mumbled under his breath.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Not this again." Taehyun's grip tightened around his wrist. "Grow up Beomgyu hyung."

Beomgyu showed Taehyun a troubled expression and tried to remove his hand from his own wrist.

"Hyung, please." Taehyun pleaded, causing Beomgyu to feel even more conflicted and torn.

Beomgyu didn't like how Taehyun was pleading him. This wasn't what he wanted. He looked at the younger, who seemed desperate and upset. He didn't like that look on the younger. He sighed softly. What Taehyun had said was indeed right. He didn't enjoy being like this too, it exhausted him too much emotionally and mentally. Moreover, it was Taehyun's birthday and of course he didn't want to upset the younger any further. "Okay... I'm sorry for being immature." He finally said.

"Honestly, what goes on in your head?" Taehyun released his grip.

"A lot" Beomgyu replied.

"How much is actually useful and necessary?"

Beomgyu thought for a while. He did have a lot of excessive worries and self blame. "Around 73%."

"How specific."

Beomgyu gave a small smile at Taehyun.

"Finally" Taehyun returned the smile. He was happy that Beomgyu was back to his usual self now... well whatever Taehyun deemed as "usual".

Beomgyu's brain had never stopped thinking. He thought about Taehyun 24/7. He thought about his friends, his family, the black curse, his remaining days, letters, magic and flowers as well. The day his brain stopped thinking would be the day he dies.