Chapter Sixteen

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

R e a l l y

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

12/09/2021

Beomgyu looked down at the flushed Taehyun beneath him. They were both heavily under the influence of alcohol. Taehyun looked up at him with lust filled eyes. Beomgyu caressed Taehyun's cheek softly before leaning down to plant a chaste kiss on his lips. Taehyun instinctively pulled the older closer to deepen the kiss. Beomgyu smirked as he softly bit onto Taehyun's bottom lip, causing him to gasp and allowing Beomgyu to slip his tongue in.

As their tongues wrestled and fought for dominance, Beomgyu's hands travelled up Taehyun's torso underneath his shirt. His touches were gentle and arousing. They made Taehyun impatient. Beomgyu finally pulled away from their kiss and helped Taehyun to take off his shirt. He quietly admired his topless body before softly brushing Taehyun's hair away from his forehead.

"You're beautiful."

Beomgyu woke up from the dream. He gripped his duvet tightly and shut his eyes once again. It wasn't a good dream. It wasn't a pleasant memory. It was a mistake he had made that led up to even more mistakes and eventually the worst thing that had ever happened. Was this dream trying to remind him not to cross his boundaries? He loved Taehyun and definitely wanted to make him his. But he couldn't and he shouldn't. He was afraid of repeating the same mistakes again. He was afraid to touch Taehyun. Even if he managed to make Taehyun his, it would only hurt both of them in the end. He had to restrain himself, to prevent that from happening. He didn't want to change Taehyun's future course. He didn't want to change the fate he would have after they parted.

Friends. That was only the relationship they could have this time. Even being friends made Beomgyu worried. Just like in the past, he was afraid of others being emotionally attached to him. He didn't want them to feel grief when he would pass and he thought that he was doing everyone a favour. He had pushed everyone out of his life when he graduated from university. He created more work for himself to distract himself from his family and friends. He had achieve what he wanted. He was all alone in the end with no strings attached. He thought it would help everyone cope with his death. But in return, he had to suffer alone. Beomgyu loved Taehyun and it pained him when he left. Thus, he wanted to be a little more selfish this time. He wanted to see Taehyun and to have a decent relationship with him. In the end, he was still a selfish man. First, he disregarded Taehyun's feelings to chase after the so called "freedom" he had in mind. Next, he pushed everyone out of his life because he thought it was for the best. And now, he reversed time just to appreciate time spent with Taehyun. Everything he did was selfish and he knew that. But he really just wanted to treat Taehyun right this time. He wanted to see at least a genuine smile from him. Not a forced one, not a drunk one. Just a simple and honest smile. He received one when Taehyun was sick. But it didn't count for Beomgyu because he was sick.

4pm. Taehyun had went out for the day to hang out with Hueningkai and Beomgyu had decided to take a nap in the afternoon. Beomgyu thought back of the event yesterday. He was still nervous. Now that Taehyun knew about his illness, he couldn't predict what could happen now. Beomgyu sighed softly. More and more problems were arising now. He got up from his bed and headed to the bathroom to wash his face. He needed to clear his mind and stop the pointless stressing. In all honesty, Beomgyu wanted to live. In the past and in the present. The illness was indeed a curse. If he didn't have it, everything would be different. There would be no engagement, and even if there was one with Taehyun, they could have a decent relationship with each other. They wouldn't have hated each other. Beomgyu wouldn't have made any mistakes. Everything would have been fine. He hated the curse. He hated how unlucky he was.