Till the end of time

28/10/2032

Holding his hand up, Taehyun quietly admired the elegant silver ring on his fourth finger with his head resting on Beomgyu's lap.

"What's in your head?"

A pair of warm fond eyes gazed down at him, causing Taehyun's heart to constrict. Beomgyu had such beautiful almond eyes that held so much tenderness and love that Taehyun had often found himself getting lost in them. With overflown love and a pretty smile, Beomgyu leaned down rather awkwardly to boop Taehyun's nose.

"Taehyun?"

"I miss you" Taehyun whispered, eyes searching for Beomgyu's once the latter pulled back.

They locked gazes for a moment and Taehyun could see something swirl in those hazel eyes of the older before confusion took over his expressions.

"I'm right here, Taehyun."

The younger only giggled, a wave of sadness crashing into his heart as he smiled sorrowfully at his handsome husband.

"You're only here in my dreams."

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

Taehyun was used to it. He was used to having dreams about Beomgyu. During the first few years of Beomgyu's passing, he would dream about him every night. However, they were all non-lucid dreams where he had no control and was unaware that he was dreaming while dreaming. In those dreams, he would either unconsciously revisit their moments or create new scenarios and memories. As years passed, Taehyun slowly became aware. He was able to control some narratives, his environment and his own actions.

It was hard for him. Still unable to completely let Beomgyu go, Taehyun couldn't help but remind himself that Beomgyu was no longer there in real life whenever he dreamt. He would beg the older to stay, or tell him that he wasn't really there. And every time without fail, Beomgyu would leave and Taehyun would wake up to no one beside him.

Today was no different.

When the 30 year old man woke up, the empty space next to him remained cold, bedsheets smooth and pillow still fluffy. He was used to it.

It had been 10 years after all.

Taehyun had no choice but to accept it; no matter how much he struggled internally with the absence of his soulmate.

Rubbing his morning eyes, Taehyun maneuvered himself to the side of the king sized bed. Feet touching the soft grey carpet, he stood up and stretched his arms, letting a soft groan in the process.

Mornings had always been consistent and anticipated for him. He wakes up, fresh up, goes down the stairs to find breakfast made by Hyunjo ready on the table with the young boy pouring coffee into his cup, waiting for him.

It had always been simple, comforting and warm for Taehyun.

This day, however, Taehyun was expecting something different from his usual routine. And as if it was on cue, a series of impatient knocks came sounding before the door burst open to reveal a little boy with fox-like eyes and a mischievous smile, prominent dimples on his cheeks as he rushed towards Taehyun. Behind stood his distressed parents: Yeonjun and Soobin.

"Uncle Tae! Good morning! It's already 10am!" The small boy exclaimed as he jumped up and down with his arms out, asking for a lift from Taehyun.

"Good morning Yijeong" The patient man smiled as he lifted the boy up, giving him a spin before he turned to his friends, "when did you guys arrive?"