Chapter Twenty Seven

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

R e l a t i o n s h i p

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

21/05/2022

Taehyun woke up in a daze. He was having a slight headache but that didn't bother him much. Sitting up on his bed with his messy bed hair, he quietly stared at the door before him with his mouth slightly opened, recalling everything that had happened the previous night.

"I finally got your answer." Taehyun shut his eyes and squeezed out the remaining tears stored in them.

"Don't say anything" Taehyun whispered again. "I know what you will say. So don't say it please."

Beomgyu neither spoke nor moved an inch. He stayed in Taehyun's embrace, his breathing calm despite tears still streaming down on both of his cheeks.

"You're going to say that we don't belong with each other. You're going to say that we shouldn't be together."

Beomgyu didn't respond.

"You're going to say that we shouldn't cross our boundaries. You're going to say that we shouldn't do this because we will only get hurt in the end."

Taehyun took a deep breath as he opened his eyes and looked at the back of Beomgyu's head. He gently brushed his long hair with his fingers, untangling the locks softly. "Don't say any of that. We can determine our own fates. No one is going to decide for us. We can work this out together. I'm not backing out on this. Let's spend your remaining time together with no restrictions. Just honest feelings and words."

Still seeing no reaction from the older, Taehyun continued. "I know you're worried. I know you're feeling skeptical about everything. I know you're fighting against yourself right now. Hyung, you don't have to anymore. I promise you that I will just be fine when you're gone. I don't care what the future holds. I just want to spend every moment with you right now. Let's focus on the present, not the past nor the future. It will only hurt us both if we don't spend our time together the way we truly want. So let me just love you now."

"I-" Before Beomgyu could utter more words, he choked on his own tears. "Ugh..."

Taehyun giggled at that and pulled his arms away from the raven haired.

Beomgyu wiped his tears away and turned around to face the younger.

"Hey..." He finally spoke, an awkward silence following up right after.

Taehyun quietly observed Beomgyu's face. His eyes and nose were still red from all the crying and his long eye lashes were damped. He still looked ethereal despite that.

Beomgyu was doing the same. The silver haired's face was still slightly flushed from the amount of alcohol he had consumed. Part of him was worried but he couldn't be blamed for that. He was still hiding the fact that he contracted with a demon. And Taehyun was still supposedly drunk. Would he be able to remember all of this? What if he was only saying all of this just because he was drunk? However, looking into Taehyun's eyes erased all doubts. Those big eyes held so much sincerity and honesty. It couldn't be just a drunk speech. He felt comforted. His heart was finally feeling at ease for once. His facial features relaxed as he pressed his forehead to Taehyun's.

They took a moment just to look into each other's eyes. Beomgyu finally understood the meaning behind the saying "eyes speak more than words". So much emotions were held in those glistening eyes of the younger's. And Beomgyu was able to understand each and every one of them. He silently hoped that he was able to convey his own feelings to Taehyun in the same way.