Billions

POV Y/n

I didn't even have to open my eyes to know where I was. This can't be happening, not again. I cursed in my mind, cursed myself and those bastards who were so addicted to please themselves. Addicted to watching people die one after another. Addicted to...the games.

The mattress was still as hard as it was during the last games. I felt the scratchy fabric of the jogging suit itching against my skin. Apparently still the same uncomfortable, ugly green jogging suit. Oh... I really had no desire to get up and experience the whole trauma again repeatedly.

"Attention players, please step into the center of the room. I repeat, please all players to the center of the room".

The voice of the woman? Still the same.

Carefully I straightened up so I don't bang my head on the upper bedpost, swung my legs out and heaved myself up. Just like all the other green-clad people, I entered the middle of the already familiar large room full of bunk beds. Slowly a dense crowd formed and I really had to force myself not to bang anyone in the face. I was already pissed without my will to be here again.

A girl, slightly taller than me, stepped right next to me with her hands in her jacket pockets. I read her number out of the corner of my eye. Hm. 067, exactly the number after mine. I squinted up into her face again. Slender face, high cheekbones, short black hair with bangs, dark eyes. I don't want to exaggerate now but unlike anyone else I've ever seen in my life, she is truly beautiful. And out of everyone here, I would trust her the most. Not because of her looks, no. Because of-

With three loud shots, the red-clad guards drew our attention. The one with the square on his masked forehead stepped forward.

"Welcome, winners, to the second round of your lives. All of you, had left your first game as winners. Now it's time for the second round. Winners play against winners, from all over the world."

Now a murmur went through the crowd. Sure, I've never seen these people before in my life, all from different age groups, but... from different countries? Continents? None of us had ever had any idea that these games were so widespread. To be honest, I thought they had been stopped long ago. The girl next to me still hadn't batted an eye.

"But why? We didn't get that card! We're all here against our will!", all the attention turned to a small man in the second row. Number 137.

"We didn't find it necessary to send another card," was all the guard said.
"Are you all completely stupid?! You don't seriously think I'm going through this shit again!" an older man yelled behind me now. The guards didn't answer and little by little more people complained until there was a loud roar. This time I turned my head directly to 067. She gave no reaction and stared at the ground. She noticed my gaze on her, which is why she half turned her head towards me. I tilted my head very slightly and tried to find out what she was thinking.

The lights went out, a single bright orange spotlight lit up directly above us, presenting the giant, translucent piggy bank. Empty. Was it just me, or was this one bigger than the one from last time?

Everyone fell silent, looked up, and then forward to the still dark scoreboard. The tension was clearly in the air. Now it lit up... 477 players... that's really a lot. Our eyes slid down to the winning total.

"I guess I can change your mind," the red guard now announced. "45.6 billion is in the past. What do you think about... 91.2 billion?"

A/n: hey^^ sooo I've watched Squid Game and I am clearly obsessed with it, so I thought, let's write a Wattpad story about it :)