Game 6: treasure hunt (Last Part)

A/n: I am so sorry my players, it took me 3 days to write that chapter! It's just so hard to write with an broken elbow, but I promise, as soon as I get better, I will update every day again!
Stay safe and be careful !!!
And tysm for all the wishes to get better, you are the best <3

Ps.: I had so many second thoughts to write this chapter and all the ideas and the plot twist. I am thinking obout to end this book in a few chapters with an happy ending, or to write on or even publish a second book and continue thos story.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINION IT WOULD HELP SO MUCH!!!

Now have fun reading <3

POV y/n

Absolutely fucking not!

"Ehem ...I heard that?", Adriana contorted her face in offense. Had I really said that out loud?

"Why are you still alive?! How is that possible?", I asked confused, "and why are the guards with you?! I don't understand..."

"I know, I know," she replied more gently now, "but I will explain everything to you, I promise. Now come with me" she turned and walked behind her towards a cave entrance.
But none of us moved. She looked at us again.

"Well, come on!"

"Why should we?!" growled Sae, bored, but Adriana sighed.

"Let's face it, do you have any other choice? I'm here with four guards, all armed, and you two...well. Barely alive. Besides, if I wanted you dead, I would have shot you already."

"If I may remind you for a moment, dearest Adriana, weren't you going to kill me in the fifth game?", I asked sarcastically with my head tilted as if I were talking to a three year old child.

"I know, but it's all part of the plan, and now come on, it's cold as shit here," she just left again and the guards remained standing.
They were waiting for us.

I looked at Sae and she took my hand. After all, we had no choice but follow.

The cave opening slowly became a tunnel, the floor and walls became round and were made of steel. Our footsteps echoed deafeningly through the silence.

"Where are we going?", I asked forward to Adriana. The words also echoed briefly in the tunnel.

"Off the island, where else?"

"I don't believe you. There's no way you'd help us get out of here alive."

"Yes I would, why wouldn't I? Am I not even allowed to be nice anymore?"

"Were you ever in reality?", I snorted annoyed.

Adriana slumped back a little to talk to us better.

"Have you heard of the SYNOs?"

We remained silent in response.

"Apparently not, I actually thought so"

"Who or what is a SYNO?" now Beleza asked stressed. I gently stroked my thumb over hers to calm her down a bit, I knew how much she hated not knowing about something and looking like a wounded rabbit. But she definitely wasn't and never would be one.

"SYNOs are traitors. Traitors to the games. I am a SYNO, even the four guards behind us are SYNOs.
We survived the games even though it was said that we were eliminated.
We have to try to live in secret, otherwise we can be easily shot down from anywhere, even in our sleep"

"So that means that other SYNOs were or still are at the games as guards?"

Adriana nodded.

"Bingo, you got it so far. You pushed me off the cliff, y/n, and I don't blame you. You thought I wanted to kill you, you did everything you could to survive"