Game 6: treasure hunt (Part 6)

POV Y/n

I woke up surrounded by warmth. Pleasant warmth.

I opened my eyes and looked directly at my Beleza's collarbone.

She had her arms wrapped tightly around me and had her face buried in my hair.
I smiled softly but didn't dare to move.
I would just lie here until she woke up. That was no problem for me, I enjoyed this feeling to the fullest.

The fire had burned out, the sunlight fell warmly through the cave opening.
But I was not here with Beleza to take a vacation. That would have been nice.
The island will sink in a few hours and we have no idea what to do.

"You know you could just woken me up," Sae murmured into my hair in her deep sleepy voice. I had to laugh softly because it tickled.

"I didn't mean to disturb you Beleza."

"You could never disturb me," she smirked.

"Beleza?"

"Huh?"

"We need to get up"

"Five more minutes", I laughed in response and she broke away from me with a sleepy face.

"Another time, okay? We'll lay as long as you want" she nodded and we straightened up.

„Finally you guys are awake," 004 walked up to us and crossed her arms with a quick smile.

"Well, then I can show you now".

"Show us what?", our curiosity was immediately aroused, we stood up and followed 004 who went further into the cave.

"I woke up long before you guys and looked around a bit. Then I discovered this," she stopped and looked at the wall all the way up. We followed her gaze and I froze.

"Y/n," Sae started already and I nodded.

"That's it...", I whispered and looked at the colored numbers with the shapes over them, one by one, "these are the numbers, just like from the last game"

-
-----------------------------------------------------------
-

"But how did they get here? Who put them there?", I asked for the thousandth time. I just couldn't believe that they were standing here! Right in front of us!

"And most importantly, what do they mean?" mumbled 004.

"The paint looks pretty fresh," Sae muttered and she had an idea.

"Y/n, quick, get on my hands and brush over the paint," I nodded and got on her folded hands with one foot. She lifted me up and I stroked the green number 7 with my index finger. The green paint immediately stuck to my finger and Sae lowered me down.

"Someone was here when all three of us were asleep," Sae concluded as I showed both of them my green finger and I nodded.

"But who? There's nothing suspicious lying around here either," 004 stroked her face, "but it doesn't matter now, we have to move on."

"No. We can't," I said seriously, "not after this message here. I have to find out what this means, it must be something important, otherwise it wouldn't be here."

"You guys are crazy. Then I'll go on myself, but don't tell me I haven't warned you often enough"

"Then go if you think so" I hissed coldly and 004 walked out of the cave without another word.

"Finally, she was really annoying" Sae rolled her eyes and leaned against the wall next to me. I nodded.

"She was annoying, but she still helped us," I looked up again, thinking.

"Maybe it's some kind of code? A secret code we need to figure out"

"But why like this? Why not write the message down in words?"

"Maybe the guards and the master of the games should not find out... that would mean that the cameras can't record us here!", Beleza looked at me with wide eyes and I looked up at the message again.

"We need to find out quickly what that means before we run out of time."

"Wait," Sae said suddenly, "I've seen this before!"

"What?! Where?!"

"When I was in the vent to check on the fourth game. That's when I saw this office! Next to all the paperworks, there was a list of the ABC with numbers from 1 to 26 listed underneath. And also here, the biggest number is 26!"

"So you mean those two are related?!"

"I'm pretty sure they are," she nodded firmly, "but I'm not sure about the shapes."

"Were the numbers written down in order with the letters back then?"

"No, they weren't"

"Maybe that's what the shapes are for. For the order. The guards, after all, have these shapes to subordinate them to their shift. Circle are the lowest, the workers. Triangle are the soldiers. Then comes the square, which is the boss. And the top boss-"

"Has no shape," Sae finished my conclusion, "that would only make sense. You pay attention."

"We both make a super team," I winked with a grin.

"So we start with the numbers that are under the circle symbol?"

I nodded in response.

"And the lowest number of them then is the letter A. And so it goes on according to the order. The message is already written, we only have to assign the letters to their chosen number"

"If only we had something to write," Sae sighed, and I looked outside.

"Well not necessarily writing, but we can use... these things!", I picked up stones, leaves and small sticks from the ground in front of the cave and brought them back. Sae grinned.

"You're a genius."

"I know Beleza"

-
------------------------------------------------------
-

It was quite exhausting to run back and forth, but we were as fast as we could.

The letters A-F were the numbers 7-12. Then we continued with G-L, which were the numbers 13-18. M-T were the numbers 19-26. And finally U-Z, which were the numbers 1-6.

Quickly we put them together until we had a whole sentence:

26/14/11
26/24/11/7/25/1/24/11
15/25
21/20
26/14/11
21/26/14/11/24
25/15/10/11
21/12
26/14/11
15/25/18/7/20/10

„The treasure is on the other side of the island"