Game 6: treasure hunt (Part 7)

POV Y/n

"On the other end of the island... that doesn't make any sense! It's already underwater, it can't be right!", I exclaimed, upset.

"The information is as useless as the time we wasted," Beleza sighed and I immediately felt bad.

"I'm so sorry."

"For what? What are you apologizing for?"

"Isn't it obvious? I wanted to find out the meaning of these numbers so badly and now we've lost so much time because of me!", I was angry at myself but Beleza just laughed.

"You're really killing me y/n. You don't need to apologize for that!", she came up to me and gently hugged me from behind.
I leaned against her with a sigh and looked up at her from below. She looked down and the ends of her hair tickled my face.

"You're not mad at me?"

"I could never be mad at you," I beamed at her in response and she gently kissed my nose.

"Come on we have to keep going," she unfortunately let go of me and stepped out but immediately stopped.

"What's wrong?", I asked and she lifted her leg. I looked down at her shoe. It was completely wet and full of mud.

"Shit," I cursed, and she nodded.

"The island is sinking faster than expected," she came back to the stony ground.

"What do we do now?", I stepped next to her and looked outside. The ground was soaking up seawater and it was a matter of time before the river flooded too.

"I'm not giving up anyway. Not when we've come this far," I decided firmly and looked again at the combination of numbers. At the end of the island...at the end of the island...what end?

I calmly looked at the numbers again, one after the other. I noticed nothing unusual and then looked up at the shapes.

All normal, the square, the circle, the triangle and nothing. The only strange thing was that the triangle was on its side and the top pointed further inside the cave.
There was nothing unusual about that...was there?

"You're looking at the triangles too, aren't you?", Beleza had come to stand next to me and was looking up, "I was wondering if it meant something too."

"I couldn't figure out who the heck else would draw triangles lying on their sides. But by the time we find anything out here again, if this is a clue, the cave would already be underwater, and we would have drowned. This is too complicated."

"Or maybe not," Sae shrugged, pointing her finger inside the cave, "the tip is obviously pointing further in. If it's supposed to mean anything, it means we need to get further in"

"There was a cliff there at the last game, but it looked like we could have gone further in sideways. I just wasn't quite sure because it was so dark. But how do we know it's not a trap?"

"There's only one way to find out," sighed Beleza, taking one of the thickest and longest sticks from the burned-down campfire and lit up a fire from the two stones. 004 had shown us how to do that.

"Here, take this one. I'll make another one for myself, better two than one," I nodded gratefully and took the one homemade torch from her hand. She made one for herself too and held out her hand to me.

"Shall we?"

„With pleasure, Mrs. Y/l/n," I winked jokingly and laughingly took her hand.
She grinned with her head slightly tilted.

"I like that one. But my last name looks better on you"

"We can argue about it when we get off this damn island Beleza"

"Deal"

Then we walked together further into the darkness, with the question what would happen and if we were even doing the right thing.

A/n: this chapter was very short but I hope you liked it anyway☘︎︎

Take care and be safe my players!