Game 4: loud counting (Part 3)

POV Y/n (yes we are not dead wohooo)

Nothing... there was... nothing. No bullet wound, no pain, no death.

"Player 078 and 377, eliminated"

I was glad that I shut up in the last moment, otherwise I would also be dead.
The blood of one of the players splashed in my face and I really had to pull myself together not to scream. I bit hard with my teeth on the inside of my cheeks and it already started to bleed.

There were only four of us left.

I had the feeling that the smaller the number, the more difficult it would be.

"Player 004, 412, 115, 287 and 013, pass"

The other group made it, even 013, that bastard.

Just the four of us, everyone here had lost all sense of time, my legs went numb and my feet heavy from the blood on the floor. My sweat mixed with the blood of the eliminated ones in the face and flowed down my neck.

"One!", I shouted.

"Two!" came Sae immediately after.
The two of us were already secured. I hope the other two wouldn't mess up. If I remember correctly, Adriana is still in the game too.

The silence stretched like chewing gum and the tension rose higher than a skyscraper. Only two numbers, then we could finally go back-

"Three," the woman squeeked, and I could have cried with relief.

"Four," Adriana concluded with a long sigh of relaxation.

"Player 199, 080, 066 and 067, pass"

I impatiently tore off my blindfold. The scene that surrounded me was terrible. The ground was not under water, but filled with blood, around us piled the corpses that lay in their pools of blood and in those of the others.

I pushed all this aside so that I didn't completely freak out, it was getting to be too much for me. I could stand some things, but this was not possible.

I got down on my knees and put the backs of my trembling hands over my closed eyes. We were still alive. We were still alive! We were still ALIVE!

The shock and adrenaline left my body and I felt the tears welling up in my eyes, but could still hold them back. I didn't want to break down, not here and now. I will not give in after winning the fourth game.

Someone put a hand on my shoulder, but I immediately felt that it was Sae. I looked up at her and she looked down at me with a light but serious smile. She nodded her head towards the door.

"Come on, we can go back now," I nodded and stood up. Her hand stroked down to mine and took it. Despite the current situation, fireworks exploded in my stomach and I tenderly squeezed her hand gratefully.

The fourth game was done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without hesitation, Sae pulled me towards the bathroom as soon as we arrived in the room.

All the beds were gone, only 8 were left. Adriana was sitting on one of them and I waved at her. She smiled and returned the gesture.

The money trickled into the piggy bank and the number of players slipped to only 8. 8 left out of 477, and that in four days.

Once in the bathroom, Sae exhaled noisily.

"Is everything all right with you?", I asked her cautiously and stood in front of her to be able to look at her.

"Yeah in a way," she looked at me seriously, "you really have a thing for always giving me heart attacks and making me fear for your life."

"You're exaggerating, Beleza"

"Oh yeah, and what was that just now?! I heard you gasping for air and I really thought you were going to say the number!"

"Sae please," I just sighed tiredly, "I don't want to fight right now okay? I'm glad we're both through the game. Only two more and then we're done. Just two more days."

I looked at her pleadingly and she just turned around and went into one of the cabins, took off her shoes and started cleaning them with toilet paper. It was not difficult after the blood was still fresh...

I went to the very last sink so she didn't see me and took off my jacket and shirt. In the mirror I saw my blood-spattered face and blood-spattered neck.

The tears came up again, what was wrong with me?!

I took one of the available towels and wet it. Very carefully I dabbed my face and neck, noticing that my hands were also covered in blood. The blood of strange, greedy people.

Immediately I felt sick again and dropped the towel into the basin. Everything around me turned upside down, I immediately propped myself up against the sink and squinted my eyes. I sniffled softly and hoped Sae hadn't heard.

Too late.

"Come here, let me help you," I looked up and saw from the mirror my Beleza right next to me. She took the towel, wet it again and gently turned me by my shoulder towards her. I let it happen without resistance.

Simply fascinated by the situation that was happening here, I just looked into her eyes. Her movements were very delicate and careful, the complete opposite of what she showed the outside world. Her eyes darted back and forth, I could not keep up with where she was looking, my eyes, lips, neck, cheeks?

I only have to lean forward for a moment and then I would kiss her. I would really like to know how her lips feel. Surely also as soft and soulful as her movements, I would bet everything on it.

The towel slid down from my neck to my collarbone. I didn't have any blood there... but I didn't say anything against it. It felt beautiful.

Now she took my hands in hers as if they were made of porcelain. She cleaned them carefully as well. After that, she simply dropped the towel, but kept my hands in hers. With her index finger she stroked the lines of my palm, lost in thought.

"I know how you feel," she whispered softly, looking at me. I didn't dare look away from those beautiful eyes.

"I know it. But I assure you, it will get better. Everything will get better. The feeling will go away soon."

"It's already gone," I replied now, and before I thought too much about it, I hugged her. I put my arms around her upper body and hugged her tight against me.

"Thank you," I breathed softly. It took her a while to realize what was going on before she also put her arms around my neck and sank one of her hands into my hair, stroking her thumb over my scalp.

She carefully rested her head on mine and we both closed our eyes. No one dared to move, we just stood there, tightly embraced.

It was the best feeling in the world.