Stranded on an island

POV Y/n

She was dead.

Adriana was really dead.

Earlier she had shot at me, but missed. She had never held a gun before and her hand was shaking anyway, so she fell backwards from the impact of the shot and couldn't aim straight at me.

She was on the ground and then I attacked her. The gun had slipped away and when Adriana got up she had grabbed it and I ran further into the cave. She tried to shoot again but the revolver had only one cartridge.

At the end of the cave, it was getting darker and darker, was a deep abyss. I could stop in time, but Adriana could not. I didn't know why but I tried to warn her but her anger and greed had control over her.

She could not stop in time. I managed to grab her by the top of her shirt, but it tore and she fell down.

Then I had screamed.

"Player 199, eliminated. Player 066, pass"

I was still holding the piece of adrianas shit in my hand when I stepped out of the cave. A single firework was blown up so that we knew where we had to go back to.

It took quite a long time until I was back, 044 and Sae were already there. Without paying attention to the guards, she ran at me and took me tightly in her arms. I also put my arms around her upper body in relief.

"We both made it," she breathed into my ear with a smile and I beamed at her. Now the hope of getting out with Sae was even greater than before.

The guards lined up behind us and urged us to go to the door. Sae took my hand on the way and looked down at me, worried but serious.

"What happened y/n?"

-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-

"So she fell into the abyss?"

I nodded and turned the piece of cloth around between my fingers. We sat together in a bed, 044 had disappeared into the bathroom. We had not gottenany food.

"And these... these numbers? On the walls?"

"I have no idea what they could mean. They were listed in a line one after the other, but in different order. Above every single number was painted a triangle, square, circle, or nothing at all."

"In different order, too?"

"Yes. But I couldn't remember the numbers, there wasn't enough time and there were too many. And I didn't had anything to write on, of course"

"And the games had been drawn on the other side of the wall...only by whom? And why wasn't the sixth game on it?", Sae thought out loud.
Again, I could only shrug my shoulders in response.

"The paint looked pretty fresh, too. I'd almost say only a few days old"

"I'd like to say it's not that important... but that would be outright lying," Sae sighed and rested her head behind against the wall.

"Listen Beleza...we can end the game right now, can't we?"

"That's right... there are only three of us, so if the majority votes, we could go home. So we two"

"Yes... home," I bit the inside of my cheek. I didn't want to go away from my Beleza.

"Something wrong with that word?" she smirked, amused, and I laughed.

"No no, it's all good, it's just... well..."

"Hey. You know you can trust me with anything," again she took both of my hands in hers and gently kissed the back of my hand. Immediately I softened and smiled lovingly.