Game 6: treasure hunt (Part 3)

POV Kang Sae Byeok

"Stop," I immediately caught y/n as she fell in ther left knee. She held her side with her face contorted in pain.
I gently held her from behind under her arms and pulled her up.

"Lean on me, it's better this way," she obeyed without objecting. Her breathing was worse than before and she put her head behind against my shoulder.

"We'll take a break y/n"

"We can't take a break!" yelled 004 indignantly.

If y/n wasn't leaning against me, I would have slapped her really hard in the face and finished her off by now.

"First of all, YOU shut up now, is that clear?! Because of you, y/n is hurt even worse than before and we almost died!"

"Now don't blame me, you guys were so slow!"

"You fucking-"

"Please stop, both of you," y/n sighing firmly took my hand and stroked it gently.

"There's no point in arguing, next time you just go first, 004"

"Fine" she rolled her eyes and stuck her nose up in the air, "I'll make it faster than you anyway".

I was about to really insult her but y/n turned her head to the side and gently kissed my neck.

I swallowed the words back and my heart beat a thousand times more than it should be.
The strange feeling in my stomach came up again as if I was falling from a roller coaster high above all the way down.

Were my cheeks red? I hope not! I looked down at y/n and she grinned broadly and cheekily.

"I knew I could shut you up like that".

"Dear players, here comes the next warning note: I'm pretty broad but everyone overlooks me. If anyone spots me, I'll be mistaken for my brother. If you step on me, I'll cut off your breath. What am I?"

"It hasn't even been 10 minutes and here comes the second riddle," 004 complained, pulling the broken end of the rope from the river and rolling it up. Then she used a sharp rock to cut off the other end what had kept us all in the water.

She was annoying and I would like to strangle her or throw her into the river, but she wasn't stupid.

"What's wide so you can miss it, please? It doesn't make any sense," y/n carefully straightened up and without even asking her first, I lifted her wet shirt a little and retied her bandage from new.

She needed a moment to continue talking. So I had been successful again for leaving her speechless.

"You confuse or mistake it with the brother...well, something damn similar. What was that last one again?"

"When you step on it, it takes your breath away," I replied, tying the knot at her back.

"I hope this obstacle gets easier, or you'll do more damage on yourself than you already have," y/n looked away, not knowing what to answer, and 004 shouldered the coiled rope.

"We should keep going, no matter if with injuries or not"

"Easier said than done, you don't have any" y/n returned but started walking forward.
I followed immediately and then took her hand. In the past I would have hesitated and then not done it, but now I just loved it.
She smiled up at me.
I loved her smile so much.
Especially her laugh.

"If it hurts, please lean on me, okay?"

"Of course Beleza, thank you"

"You're never going to stop calling me that, are you?"

"Why should I, the name fits perfectly"

"You're perfect"

"You're exaggerating Beleza," she raised her finger in front of my face like a teacher who tells her pupils to shut up.

The left corner of my mouth pulled up and I gave her finger a kiss.

Y/n turned bright red and immediately took it down. I laughed out loud. Immediately she joined in. I was glad to distract her from her pain.

"I hate to interrupt your love scene, but please think about what this clue could be"

I hated to say it, but 004 was right.

"The trees and plants here all look the same but we can see them quite clearly" y/n said.

"True, but maybe a special kind of plant is meant?"

"What would plants have to do with a warning sign and an obstacle, please," I interjected, and they both nodded.

"Right, right. Some kind of cave? Rocks?"

"But why would they cut off our air? And it's not like we're stepping on them," I said to 004 behind.

She nodded and we all thought. We had absolutely no idea.

"But we should get something useful like 004, y/n. Something for defense or something that can help us"

Y/n nodded and we kept our eyes open. 004 overtook both of us and now walked in front of us.
Better that way, then she could look out for the obstacle, and we for useful items.

We walked a little slower than 004, she was already further ahead.

"Found anything yet Beleza?"

"No, still not. You?"

"Mhmh, neither"

"STOP" 004 yelled loud and we flinched.
"STOP IMMEDIATELY!" she turned her upper body as far as she could towards us and had her hand outstretched.

Why doesn't she turn all the way around-

The I looked down at her feet.

And knew why.

"Shit," y/n breathed in shock next to me.

"So that's the obstacle," I nodded and took a deep breath, "quicksand"