Player 067

POV Y/n

"91.2 billion! That's unimaginable," gushing over gushing. After the winning amount was announced, all hell broke out. Immediately, everyone forgot about wanting to go home. Shit, this is a matter of life and death! But everyone is only interested in the money. Everyone is distracted by it. But that's how people are.

Rolling my eyes, I got up from my bed and strolled among the people with my hands in my pockets. But everyone was just talking about the money. Didn't they have enough from the previous game anyway! All fools. I shook my head and then spotted the girl. She was sitting on the floor at the very end of the bunk beds, one knee drawn up to her and her head resting on it. Without thinking twice, I joined her. My hands rested in my lap, my gaze turned toward them.

"Why are you sitting here," she asked simply. I shrugged my shoulders.
"You seem to be the only one who doesn't really care about anything around here."
"So?"
"Nothing and, I just don't feel like it".

Silence arose, for a long time. Then she nodded.

"Neither do I. About the whole game here."
I nodded to her in agreement. Again she remained silent. I had to smile slightly.
"You're not very talkative are you?" she just looked at me and then back again. I sighed.
"Then don't," I muttered softly, but stayed put. We just sat there and watched the countdown of 30 minutes until the first game would start. Was I ready? No. Did I have to do it? Yes.

POV Kang Sae Byeok / Number 067

Why is she sitting here now? Not that I have anything against her, she is just trying to be nice, but I would prefer to stay alone. I have learned quite a lot from last time. Sure, trust is good and it would be an advantage to have allies, but they grow on you too much. Way too much. And here only one comes out alive. So don't even try to make friends with her. Letting Ji Yeong get so close to you was mistake enough. It won't happen again.

"Attention players, please line up by number in 9 rows. The first game will start in 5 minutes. I repeat..."

Immediately I jumped up and ran forward without waiting for number 066 and looked for the closest number from mine. I quickly found 070 and stood in front of it until the y/h/c mess of hair stood in front of me. I cursed inwardly, that's right, she had number 066, which means she'll be sleeping in the bed below me. Great.

The door opened and the black-masked guards with the different shapes on their foreheads and the red suits entered. They lined up with their guns in their hands to the left and right of our rows and a signal sounded. The time was up.

The guards escorted us through the doors into the room with pastel colors. One by one, the photo machine took pictures of us. Nobody smiled. Why should they, 50% of them will die in the first game, that was no longer a secret.

We continued up and down the confusing stairs. Each time it reminded me of those confusing pictures where you can't tell if the stairs are going up or down. The most horrible thing was the background music. Classical music. Anyone would kill themselves voluntarily instead of hearing such a terrible music.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The heavy iron door slowly opened excitingly. No one dared say a word and gaped at the area. As soon as 066 and I stepped through, we gulped. A forest. A large forest with a huge clearing. In the middle of the clearing was a thick tree planted. In front of it stood a robot boy in blue dungarees. Unpleasant memories of Red Light, Green Light came up.

This will not end well at all.

A/n: Game number 1 will start in the next chapter!